This is the second of two five-day, hands-on courses that support the Cisco® BTS 10200 Softswitch application and Cisco Broadband Local Integrated Services Solutions. The Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch Essentials II course builds on the concepts presented in Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch Essentials I. After a review of the Cisco Broadband Local Integrated Services Solution and the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system, this course focuses on translations (dial plans), public switched telephone network (PSTN) interconnect with Cisco IP Transfer Point (ITP) signalling gateways, and off-net trunking with both Cisco AS5X00 IOS® Software and Cisco MGX 8000 Series trunking gateways. Targeting the tier2 and 3 level support and design and engineering personnel, this course focuses on developing Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch provisioning scripts for off-net trunking and call routing, in-depth coverage of Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Signalling System 7 (SS7) and Signalling Transport (SIGTRAN) signalling protocols, and troubleshooting of call processing faults. The extensive hands-on activities are designed to reinforce an end-to-end call-flow perspective, where students provision the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch for call setup and control and use the various Trunking Gateway (TGW) diagnostic tools to validate, observe and troubleshoot operation.
This course is aimed at individuals who plan, design, implement, operate, or optimize (PDIOO) Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch–based voice-over-IP (VoIP) solutions, inpiduals who troubleshoot Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch–based VoIP solutions (tier 2/3 level support), Solution design, quality assurance, or engineering personnel who develop or maintain Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system provisioning scripts or translation tables.
- Identify and explain the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch Broadband Local Integrated Services Solutions, solution components, and interoperability (review).
- Identify and describe and Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system architecture, interfaces, and databases (review).
- Describe and demonstrate Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system operations and maintenance procedures and commands (review).
- Describe the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch provisioning table relationships used to process and control on-net and off-net calls and various routing/translation scenarios.
- Demonstrate the decoding of MGCP and SIP signalling protocols.
- Describe the system architecture and operation of the MGX8800 Series TGW, Cisco IOS Software ITP Signalling Gateway (SGW), and Cisco Software IOS TGWs.
- Demonstrate using Cisco IOS Software/command-line interface (CLI) commands to determine status and troubleshoot faults on Cisco MGX 8800 Series Switches, ITP, and AS5X00 platforms.
- Practice using troubleshooting tools and methods to isolate and resolve off-net trunking/signalling faults
Broadband Local Integrated Services Solution & BTS System Review
- Solution components, interoperability, and signalling
- System architecture, application status, and operations reviews
- In-depth study of signalling protocol
- Review of SIP signalling protocol
Translations and Trunking
- Introduction to dial plan considerations
- On-net, off-net processing and tables
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch routing tables
Announcement Server Provisioning
Review of Cisco AS5300 Series Universal Gateways
TGW configuration & diagnostic tools
Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch announcement trunking tables
SS7/SIGTRAN Signalling & ITP Provisioning
- Light review of SS7 and SIGTRAN protocols
- Cisco ITP deployments, configurations & diagnostics tools
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch ITP signalling provisioning tables
- Use of Cisco ITP commands to verify operation
Provisioning Trunking Gateways
- Cisco TGWs, sample configuration & diagnostic tools
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch trunking tables
Cisco MGX 8000 Series (VISM) Trunking Gateways
- Overview of MGX 8000 Series: system architecture, cards, and operation
- Review of MGX (SRM/RPM/VISM) configurations
Translations and Dial Plans
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch tables that affect digit processing
- Examination of prefix dialling scenarios
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch policy and carrier routing tables
- Treatment of operator services, emergency, toll-free & LNP special call types
- Students resolve multiple off-net troubleshooting scenarios
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses