- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 5 Days
This is the first of two five-day, hands-on technical training courses that support the Cisco® BTS 10200 Softswitch application and Cisco Broadband Local Integrated Services Solutions. The Cisco BTS 10200 Essentials I course provides a thorough introduction to the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch as well as an overview of Cisco Broadband Local Integrated Services Solutions. Targeting typical network operations center (NOC) personnel, this course covers the Cisco BTS 10200 operations, maintenance, administration, and basic troubleshooting topics. The course also supports Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch provisioning for Integrated Access Devices (IAD), Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (eMTA) cable, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)–based IP phone residential gateways (RGWs) and subscribers. The extensive hands-on activities are designed to reinforce an end-to-end call-flow perspective, where students provision the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch for call setup and control as well as use the various RGW diagnostic tools to validate, observe and troubleshoot operations.
This course is aimed at individuals who operate and maintain Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch–based voice-over-IP solutions, individuals who provide troubleshooting support in the NOC, Tier 2 or 3 level support or solution design personnel.
- Identify and describe Cisco Broadband Local Integrated Services Solutions primary components and their interoperability.
- Identify and explain the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch capabilities, internal and external interfaces, communications protocols, and hardware options.
- Explain and demonstrate using the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch provisioning tools and methods, to include command-line interface (CLI), copy and paste, bulk (batch file), and Extensible Provisioning and Operations Manager (EPOM).
- Review and practice Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch operations and maintenance methods, procedures, and commands
- Explain and demonstrate using events and alarms to identify Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system faults.
- Identify the Softswitch provisioning tables used to process and control local subscriber calls and routing translations.
- Demonstrate the use of Cisco IAD, eMTA & IP phone diagnostic tools & systems to verify correct operation for subscriber call setup and control.
- Practice basic troubleshooting to isolate and resolve on-net call-processing faults.
Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch System Overview
- System architecture, features, and functions
- Internal and external interfaces, databases, and hardware
Cisco BTS 10200 Application Management
- Security features and functions
- Daily, weekly, and monthly methods & procedures
- Softswitch Provisioning Tools
- CLI, Corba, and EPOM
Initial System Provisioning
- Detailed treatment of Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch system (office) tables
- Cisco IAD Subscriber Provisioning
- Detailed treatment of subscriber provisioning tables
- Review of IAD configuration and diagnostic tools
PacketCable™ eMTA Subscriber Provisioning
- Review of PacketCable modem and MTA provisioning process
- Review of eMTA/cable modem termination system (CMTS) configurations and diagnostic tools
SIP IP Phone Subscriber Provisioning
- Review of SIP signaling protocol, IP phones, and configuration methods
- Detailed treatment of SIP subscriber provisioning tables
Applying Subscriber Services
- Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch Feature Server architecture and operation
- Detailed treatment of feature/class-of-service (CoS) tables
Centrex & Multi-Line Hunt Group Provisioning
Detailed treatment of Centrex/MLHG provisioning tables
Translations and Routing
Translation tables review (on-net, off-net scenarios)
Telephony routing topics
Events and alarms, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) support
Troubleshooting Tools & Techniques
- Overview of troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Multiple subscriber troubleshooting scenarios, provisioning-related faults
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses