- Location: 3966 Amman 11953, Jordan
- Duration: 2 to 6 Months
CIMA certificate was established on the basis of the cooperation agreement signed between Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Group (TAGI-TRAIN) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), under which (TAGI-TRAIN) will be offering the CIMA Diploma In Islamic Finance.
Through its widespread training centers in the World, TAGI-TRAIN conducts the examinations of the CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance in Arabic to be the exclusive body that delivers the training and examinations in Arabic. CIMA certificates are globally recognized as professional qualifications in Islamic finance.
TAGI-TRAIN is your partner in developing and improving your professional, motivational and coaching skills. With our close guidance and support, we will help you achieve the expertise you need to be qualified in business. We aim at empowering professionals in the business sector and equipping them with knowledge and skills necessary to qualify them in leading their organizations along the path of continuous growth and success.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the only professional body that qualifies accountants solely for business. Business today requires intelligent and insightful inpiduals with the strategic vision to both understand the big picture and identify factors that determine success. CIMA-certified accountants are in great demand because of their strategic and managerial focus as well as their broad skill-set.
CIMA’s Global Qualification Framework
Each level of qualification brings new skills and recognition, increasing your career potential and capacity as you progress and gain experience.
The CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance (CIMA IF)
Islamic finance is a dynamic multisystem field in the international financial services sector. Being a suitable environment for finance, it is expected to gradually grow through the coming decade. Therefore, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Group (TAGI-TRAIN), in cooperation with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK presents the CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance to meet the growing demand for skills in this area. It is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed in this dynamic and exciting market area. We are proud to introduce a qualification which truly meets the needs of the industry. The qualification has been developed for companies and employees that need to increase their talent pool of Islamic Finance staff, knowing that there is a global shortage in Islamic Finance professionals. This certificate will be valuable for newcomers to Islamic Finance and financial professionals seeking accreditation and qualification in this field.
Who Will Benefit?
- All staff working in the financial services sector who would like to be a part of this dynamic industry.
- Those currently working in Islamic Finance who want to hone their skills and broaden their knowledge.
- Anyone wishing to enter the financial services sector and specialize in this dynamic subject area.
- Those in the legal and accounting profession who advise on Islamic issues.
What you will gain?
The Islamic Finance Diploma Program will broaden your career prospects. Students will develop:
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial law underpinning Islamic Finance.
- Understanding of the requirements for Shari’ah compliance and the regulations that govern Islamic Finance.
- In depth knowledge of the complexities of the contracts that underpin Shari’ah compliance.
- A working knowledge of the Arabic terminology, which is unique to this sector of finance.
- An insight into the reporting framework under which Islamic Finance transactions are reported and the means by which the results are analyzed.
The certificate has four compulsory study modules; each module is independent and has a study guide.
1) Islamic Commercial Law
Introduction to Islamic commercial law as it relates to Islamic Finance.
- The sources of the Islamic commercial law, including the Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet Mohammad.
- The methodologies used to solve modern problems in Islamic Finance.
- The historic contracts involved in Islamic commercial law.
- Shari’ah compliance and the importance of the Shari’ah standards.
2) Islamic Banking and Takaful – Products and Services
- The developments which have taken place with regard to Islamic financial institutions and systems.
- The main source of funds available to banks and how these sources are rewarded.
- The various products developed by Islamic banks for their customers.
- The products and services offered under Takaful and issues relating to underwriting, deficits, surpluses and Re-Takaful.
- The financial and operational risks common to both the banking and insurance sectors.
3) Islamic Capital Markets and Instruments
- The differences between conventional and Islamic capital markets.
- The primary and secondary capital markets.
- Regulation within the Islamic capital market.
- Screening processes used in accepting/ rejecting Shari’ah compliant products.
4) Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
- The reporting framework and standards of Islamic financial institutions.
- The analysis and classification of Islamic funding and financing transactions.
- How transactions adopting different contracts of financing are reported in the Islamic financial statement.
- Financial accountability and Shari’ah compliance of Islamic financial institutions.
About Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Group
Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Group (TAGI-TRAIN) aims at building capacities in all sectors by providing, in accordance to the latest updates in the training field, the required knowledge, skills and approaches that would raise a trainee’s level of performance and develop his or her professional practices. TAGI-TRAIN looks forward to expanding professional cooperation relationships with international institutions involved in training and human resources development. It also aims at promoting effective leadership in building capacities locally and internationally.
Training Programs: The training programs offered cover the following sectors: scientific, humanities, management, finance, economy, law, and e-learning. There are two types of programs:
Public Training Programs: These programs are offered in accordance with the existing training plan and are targeted at all establishments and corporate entities operating within TAGI-TRAIN areas of specialization.
Contractual Training Programs: These programs are specially customized to meet the training needs of a certain establishment based on the objectives it aims to achieve.See all Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Group courses