Speaking to groups and audiences is one of the most difficult tasks to accomplish with distinction, yet is the most commonly used method of communication in the business world. The qualification provides an opportunity to understand and practice a professional approach to training design and delivery, with a structured syllabus and assessment opportunity. This qualification replaces the popular CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate (PTC).
This qualification extends the content of basic training techniques by encouraging a dynamic and flexible approach to training delivery, taking into account some of the recent advances in accelerated learning and Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP). However, it is still founded on a basic short-course training programme that can typically be delivered in three days, with an assessment based on delivery of a short, micro- training session at the conclusion of the programme. The training programme consists of at least 18 hours of teaching time, with additional time for assimilation, consolidation and assignment planning, development and delivery.
The programme will involve a significant amount of hands-on activity with additional work outside the sessions to develop the content and materials for assessment on the final day. The programme is quite demanding because it results in the acquisition of new skills and techniques over a short period. Successful candidates will be able to structure, design and deliver interesting and stimulating training.
At the conclusion of the programme the expected learning outcomes are that the student will:
- understand their own role and responsibilities in relation to training
- understand appropriate training and learning approaches in a specialist area
- demonstrate their session planning skills
- understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learner
- understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- How training can best be delivered to secure effective learning
- How to structure and design training sessions How to make training sessions interesting, stimulating and relevant
Who should attend?
It is ideal for anyone who needs to understand the basics of training practice or wants to refine their training techniques. No prior formal teaching experience is required. Trainers or potential trainers from any discipline will benefit from the programme, as the qualification concentrates on the training process, rather than training content. Delegates will also gain greater enthusiasm and confidence for training delivery, as well as ideas for creativity and further development Delegates must be prepared to carry out some preparation work before and during the course in their own time.
BSS can arrange courses and assessments as required. There are no set assessment dates. The programme is designed to be delivered in three days. and candidates are assessed on their design and delivery of a short, 30 minute, training session which they are required to deliver to other members of the group on the final day. To be successful in the assessment, candidates must design and deliver a 30 minute micro-teach session and observe others. Assignments are first marked by the trainer and then moderated and if necessary, second marked by the CIEH. Candidates will then be awarded a pass or fail grade. Successful candidates will be awarded the CIEH Level 3 Award in Training Skills and Practice.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses