The Environmental Level 2 Award can only be offered by organisations/individuals approved and registered by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
The course must cover the syllabus and take a minimum teaching time of six hours (one day. It may be necessary to extend the hours of tuition according to the ability of the students.
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance. Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors. This qualification has been designed for all members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment, or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time. The need for businesses to address environmental issues has never been greater. Tendering requirements, changing needs of lenders and investors and increasing legislation are forcing businesses to address their environmental performance. Successful completion of the training programme will enable participants to:
- identify, define and explain relevant environmental issues
- identify, define and explain the environmental aspects and effects of organisations
- understand simple measures that can be implemented to reduce the environmental effects of organisations
- understand the business and community benefits of environmental management
- understand the principles and importance of environmental legislation and the authorities responsible for its enforcement.
A full colour student reference booklet is supplied to support this training
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Environmental impacts and sustainability
- Understanding environmental aspects
- Principles of environmental law
- Energy use and carbon management
- Resource efficiency and waste minimisation
- Water management
- Pollution prevention and emergency planning
- Environmental management systems
No specific educational qualifications are required for entry to the course. However, tutors are responsible for ensuring that the teaching method and materials are appropriate for the candidates.
BSS can arrange examinations as required. There are no set examination dates. Each examination paper consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. The candidate must achieve 20 correct answers to pass the examination. A candidate who fails to gain a pass mark in the examination will be allowed to re-sit on submission of the appropriate fee. Successful candidates will be awarded the CIEH Level 2 Award in Environmental Principles and Best Practice.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses