This qualification introduces candidates to:
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimize the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help
The EFAW training and assessment will cover the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment and management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
Designed for: first aiders in lower-risk work environments
Assessment method: practical assessment plus an examination consisting of 15 multiple choice questions
In the practical assessment, candidates will be tested on the following five elements:
- Recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
At NIST, safety is our passion to make the work place safer. We provide the most indispensable and essential safety training and solutions for the industrial world. With our services started, NIST has emerged as the leader in safety education. As much as we revere safety, it is our people and team work that are our most valuable assets. When NIST is chosen by an individual or by an organization, they will experience our enduring commitment to keep their safety knowledge improved with our relentless devotion to customer satisfaction.
In order to bring the consciousness and importance of HSE among the professionals, we came forward to deliver various international accredited training courses.
We hold a prominent reputation in our field with our ability to deliver high-quality services with better value additions and it is which unremittingly motivates us to qualify our students through innovation and to grow along with them in creativity, quality, productivity and set exemplary ethical values.
In industries where innovation occurs with technologies and process in a persistent and changing pace, we value endurance and perseverance as high as adaptability to provide safety solutions.
We value your hard earned money. We invest and focus on quality and results than marketing and sales. We train 6000+ Safety Professionals every year anchored across the globe.
We consult, audit and provide HSEQ (Health Safety Environment Quality) standards to your organization. The requisite solutions and services we offer will salvage your business firm from any financial penalty and liabilities thus corroborating your company to comply with all safety regulations and helps to abide by the health and safety laws preventing any damage that could possibly occur to your employees.
Our HSE training projects onshore and offshore has not just helped our clients maintain compliance but also to optimize their EHS performance and set new benchmarks.
We encompassed a wide range of corporates and industries offering them the real depth along with breadth in our safety offerings.
We have offices operating across in India and Gulf countries with deep domain safety expertise. The organization has a pan India presence with office in Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad and Vizag.See all NIST Institute courses