- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led, advanced-level course teaches students how to install, configure, and use CICS TS System Manager components and functions.
The course begins by covering the installation process for CICSPlex System Manager (CICSPlex SM), how to configure and start a CICSPlex Managing Address Space (CMAS) and the web user interface (WUI) server, and how to use the CICS Explorer. Throughout the course, students learn about the interfaces supplied by the product, such as the WUI, application programming interface (API), and batch repository utility (BATCHREP).
Students learn how to configure and control each of the functional components of CICSPlex SM, including topology (TOP), Workload Manager (WLM), real-time analysis (RTA), monitor (MON), and Business Application Services (BAS). The course also covers how to define CICS Manager Address Spaces, and provides an overview of the security environment needed by CICSPlex SM, including the external security manager (ESM) RACF definitions.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course enable students to apply their newly acquired CICS administration skills. These include implementing and customizing the WUI server, viewing RTA events and BAS resources with the CICS Explorer, and using the WUI to perform a number of tasks, such as creating and managing a CICSPlex, defining and managing monitor and RTA definitions, and defining and installing CICS resources.
This advanced course is designed for CICS system programmers and installers responsible for installing, configuring, operating, or planning CICSPlex SM.
- Install CICSPlex System Manager
- Describe and use the web user interface (WUI) provided by CISPlex System Manager
- Configure and define CICSPlexes and associated CMAS environments using the WUI
- Define and use the CICS Explorer configured with the CMCI connected to a CICSplex
- Define CICS systems to CICSPlex System Manager using the WUI
- Manage the operations of a CICSplex of CICS systems using the WUI
- Create definition records to be used as directives by CICSPlex System Manager applications, such as Workload Manager, real-time analysis, and Monitor Services
- Use CICSPlex System Manager commands to view the data provided by CICSPlex System Manager applications and to dynamically manage them
- Use the BAS to create and manage CICS resources through application scopes
- Use the WUI editor facilities to define WUI views, menus, users, and user groups, and to edit favorites
- Describe the CPSM API and BATCHREP
- Describe and implement the security facilities provided by CICSPlex System Manager
Students should understand or have previous experience with:
- Control facilities within CICS TS
- Intersystem facilities provided by CICS TS
- CICSPlex System Manager Infrastructure functions, as presented in course CICS V4.1 CICSPlex System Manager Introduction (WM844GB) (VM844GB)
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses