In this instructor-led, entry-level course, you learn about the basic concepts and facilities of IBM CICS Transaction Server V5. After completing this course, you have the prerequisite knowledge for all of the follow-on CICS application and systems programming courses that IBM Training offers.
This basic course is designed for IT personnel who have little or no CICS experience.
You should have:
- a basic knowledge of data processing and an IBM operating system.
- Some programming experience in a high-level language like COBOL or Java is helpful.
- Course introduction
- Introducing CICS
- CICS-supplied transactions
- Exercise: CICS-supplied transactions
- Defining CICS resources
- Exercise: Defining CICS resources
- Introducing the CICS Explorer
- Exercise: Using the CICS Explorer
- CICSPlex System Manager overview
- CICS security
- Managing data integrity
- Startup and shutdown
- Exercise: Managing CICS resources
- Data access
- Exercise: Managing files and queues
- Designing CICS applications
- Exercise: Reviewing CICS BMS maps
- Writing CICS programs
- Testing and debugging CICS programs
- Exercise: Debugging applications by using CEDF
- CICS intercommunication
- Course summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses