- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
PLEASE NOTE: This course is also available as an Instructor Led Online Course, CICS V3 Advanced System Programmer Topics Including SOA and Web Services (ILO) (VM820). Please note this option does not require any travel.
This instructor-led course is designed to teach experienced CICS system programmers advanced resource definition and tailoring skills, enabling them to fully leverage the many features available in today's CICS environments.
This course teaches students advanced CICS topics, including troubleshooting, configuration and tailoring, and CICS support for Web services. IBM CICS is a modern transactional application server designed to execute demanding mixed-language application workloads, and to enable those applications to be easily integrated with enterprise solutions.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on labs, students learn about topics such as planning for recovery, CICS integration with IBM DB2, problem analysis, CICS interproduct communication, database services, external interfaces to CICS transactions, and CICS integration with IBM WebSphere MQ. The course also teaches students the system programming and administration aspects of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and CICS Web services.
The hands-on lab exercises are designed to reinforce the lecture material and give students the opportunity to practice newly acquired CICS system programming skills, including application debugging and working with Web services.
This course is applicable to all releases of CICS TS V3.
This is an advanced course for CICS system programmers and system support personnel who are responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, and analyzing CICS systems, especially SOA and Web services environments.
- Analyze and document CICS error conditions
- Execute best practice procedures for the analysis of a CICS problem state
- Describe best practices for recovery-oriented application standards
- Utilize CICS recovery facilities
- Implement best practices for resource recovery, CICS restart, and disaster recovery
- Establish recovery procedures for Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) record-level sharing and CICS data sharing servers
- Define, install, and maintain the CICS DB2 environment
- Plan for CICS recovery support of Database Control (DBCTL) and DB2 databases
- Configure CICS for communication between other CICS and non-CICS systems
- Tailor CICS to support integration with WebSphere MQ
- Describe CICS support for Web services
- Tailor CICS for Web services
- Describe CICS capabilities for securing Web services
- Connect CICS to the Web
- Diagnose problems that occur during deployment of Web services in CICS
- Diagnose problems that occur during run time for Web services in CICS
Students should complete
- CICS V3.2 Basic Tailoring (WM810) or (VM810) or have equivalent experience.
- Students are expected to be familiar with CICS V3.2 basic tailoring commands and procedures and the CICS application programming interface. Previous experience as a CICS system programmer is also helpful.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses