- Locations: Al Soudan
- Duration: 3 Hours
If you've never baked before, or if you want to sharpen your baking skills, our Basic Baking Workshops are just right for you.
Learn how to make our signature cakes: Vanilla & Chocolate.
Our never-fail recipes include not just the cake but the frosting as well.
- In this Workshop you will Learn the art and science of baking.
- Work with a partner to prepare the batter for the cakes.
- Learn how to prepare a pan.
- Learn the Do's and Don'ts of baking
- We will provide you with our recipes of Caramel's signature cakes: a super-moist Vanilla cake and a rich Chocolate cake.
- You will also learn how to make the fillings: chocolate ganache icing which you can use as a filling to sandwich the layers of the cake and caramel sauce.
- You will get to take home to share with your family a 5" chocolate cake and a 5" vanilla cake.
We will provide
- All ingredients to bake the cakes
- Box to take the ready cakes home
You will need to bring
About Caramel Doha
Caramel, the Sweet Arts Studio, is a destination for all things cake in Qatar. It was established in 2013 by Bernadine 'Jojo' Rego who is a certified Wilton (USA) Method Instructor and PME (UK) Certified Instructor. Jojo has also completed the Baking and Pastry Pro course at the Academy of Pastry Arts in Malaysia, and the Squires Kitchen 5-Day School in the UK. In addition she has attended various masterclasses around the world, including those conducted by Maisie Parrish, Debbie Brown, Eddie Spence and others.
Conveniently located near Al Waab street, Caramel operates out of a large villa with multiple classrooms that have been purpose-built for cake decorating and baking classes. Also on the premises is a large retail area that sells all the products and equipment the cake decorating enthusiast requires. We offer a wide range of workshops ranging from basic baking and the fundamentals of cake decorating, to internationally recognized professional-level courses. One of our initiatives at Caramel is the Masterclass series, where we bring in world-renowned cake decorating specialists to conduct classes here in Qatar.
Our qualified instructors are excited to share their skills, and our students cover a broad spectrum: from the hobbyist cake decorator, to the person running (or planning to start) a home-based business, to the professional pastry chef looking to hone his/her skills. There’s something for everyone at Caramel!See all Caramel Doha courses