Course detailsThe course begins by giving you a good grounding in what nutrition actually is. You will learn about the difference between macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients, the various categories of nutrition, why nutrition is important to a daily diet, and the different ways it creates health in a child.
From the introduction, the course moves on to look at the specifics of nutrition in children. You will learn about the nutritional requirements of babies and children of all ages, in particular the different macro- nutrients and micro-nutrients that are particularly important for different age groups, and the food sources for each. You will also be made aware of the nutritional requirements and proportions set by the UK government.
While it can be more difficult for children raised on a primarily plant-based diet to reach all their nutritional requirements, it is possible, with the right knowledge. The course looks at vegetarian and vegan diets and the careful planning that must be applied when preparing these diets for children and breast-feeding mothers.
You will learn about food allergies and other food-related issues in children, including what a food allergy is and how it is caused, the difference between a food allergy and food sensitivity or intolerance, and how to recognise and deal with food allergies in babies and older children, along with details on how to treat them.
As children grow, their nutritional requirements change, as does their ability to choose the foods they eat. From gestation to pre-teen, the Child Nutrition Diploma Course guides you through each stage of a child's life, explaining what they need, how to encourage them to make healthy food choices as they grow, and which "super foods" are child-friendly, along with some cooking ideas and recipes that incorporate these foods. Also included is how to help children who become "picky eaters" and how to help children who have weight issues, whether they are overweight or underweight.
In addition to providing the information needed to understand child nutrition, the course also goes on to explain what it is to be an expert or consultant in child nutrition and the different ways to work in this field. You will be guided through creating a business strategy and what you can do to stand out from the crowd. In addition, you are also provided with a blueprint for developing your own nutritional coaching format and templates for tools that you may need in your work as a child nutritionist.
The course also includes a short bonus video that delivers practical advice and quick tips that parents or consultants can use straight away.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of key nutritional requirements across all childhood ages
- Understand what constitutes a healthy diet for children
- Know the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients and the importance of both
- Understand food allergies, and how to spot and treat them
- Know what nutrients must be included in healthy plant-based diets and why
- Be confident in guiding pregnant and nursing mums on their nutritional needs and those of their (unborn) child
- Understand why children become overweight or underweight and have the tools to know how to deal with these issues on a professional basis
- Be well-versed in ways to encourage healthy habits in children and their families
- Know how to build and expand your child nutritional consulting business
- Module 1: The Basics of Nutrition
- Module 2: Nutrition Requirements for Babies and Children
- Module 3: Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- Module 4: Food Allergies and Other Issues in Children
- Module 5: Nutrition in the Womb
- Module 6: Newborn to 6 Months
- Module 7: Weaning 6-12 Months
- Module 8: Toddler Diets 1-5 Years
- Module 9: Nutritious Eating for 6-12 Year Olds
- Module 10: How to Handle Picky Eaters
- Module 11: Weight Management in Children
- Module 12: Superfoods
- Module 13: Business Practices
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs