- Duration 3 Years
- Locations Al Tarfa
The Chemical Processing Technology Diploma prepares graduates to apply scientific, engineering, business and project management principles to assist in the design, operation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting, control, and supervision of processing operations. The program equips students with the knowledge and skills required to work safely in plant operations while dealing with the increasing complexity of equipment and control systems found in modern processing industries.
Graduates can find employment in oil and gas companies, refineries, petrochemical plants, power plants, and manufacturing plants. Students can exit after two years to earn a Chemical Processing Technician Diploma.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply hands-on skills needed to assist in the design, operation, and troubleshooting of chemical processing units and equipment
- Perform procedures within the chemical process technology environment in accordance with established workplace safety protocols
- Apply communication and computer skills required for successful correspondence with chemists, engineers, technologists, technicians and other colleagues
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills required for workplace team settings
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to real-life situations through practice in the classroom and laboratory environments
- Perform quality control procedures to optimize chemical processes/equipment
- Perform advanced mathematical and statistical calculations to applied science and engineering technology problems
- Obtain and report the results of analyses and tests clearly, accurately, and effectively to others
- Apply current industry practices of project management and business principles
- Apply leadership and supervisory skills effectively within a team environment
- Research, analyze, document, communicate, and defend a technology report relating to a significant chemical processing technology-related issue
Graduates of the Chemical Processing Technology diploma program will find employment in various chemical processing industries such as oil and gas production, petrochemicals, fertilizers and other manufacturing operations. Graduates will be involved in the routine operation and maintenance of chemical processing facilities, with increased opportunities to provide supervision of production line operations. Graduates of the program report to the engineering team, often lead junior technicians, and occupy roles such as Senior Technicians and Shift Supervisors. Students of the program have an exit option after the second year and can graduate with a Chemical Processing Technician Diploma.