- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Al Tarfa
The Chemical Processing Technician Diploma prepares graduates to apply scientific and engineering principles to assist in the design, operation, analysis, optimization and troubleshooting of processing operations. The program equips students with the knowledge and skills required to work safely in plant operations while dealing with the increasing complexity of equipment and control systems found in modern processing industries.
Graduates can continue to the third year of the Chemical Processing Technology program to earn a Chemical Processing Technology Diploma. Graduates of the technician diploma will be employed by oil and gas companies, refineries, petrochemical plants, power plants, and process plants.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply hands-on skills needed to assist in the design, operation, and troubleshooting of chemical processing units and equipment
- Perform procedures within the chemical process technology environment in accordance with established workplace safety protocols
- Apply communication and computer skills required for successful correspondence with chemists, engineers, technologists, technicians and other colleagues
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills required for workplace team settings
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to real-life situations through practice in the classroom and laboratory environments
- Perform quality control procedures to optimize chemical processes/equipment
Graduates of the Chemical Processing Technician diploma program will find employment in various chemical processing industries such as oil and gas production, petrochemicals, fertilizers and other process operations. Graduates will be involved in the routine operation and optimization of chemical processing facilities, occupying roles such as Junior Technician or Field Operator. With successful completion of the technician diploma, students may transfer to the third year of the technology program to graduate with a Chemical Processing Technology Diploma to further enhance these skills and growth potential.