- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 12 Hours
In this course, participants will learn the legal framework for different kinds of checks, including the specific commercial code and penal code regulations governing checks. Participants will also learn to distinguish among the various kinds of checks.
- Recognize the different types of checks in use.
- Identify the different types of checks and the governing rules.
- Discuss check cases with civil liability and criminal liability.
- Demonstrate knowledge of checks and the related legal procedures.
Module 1: Definitions
- Definition of a check, promissory note, bill, and trust receipts
- The data or terms that a check must include
- The data or terms that a check may include
- Terms of consideration
- Rules and cases of objection to and abstention from payment
- Forging a check or changing its data and the drawee bank’s responsibility
- Voiding of the check commitment
- Check endorsement
- Voided check
- Certified check
Module 2: Types of Checks and the Governing Rules
Module 3: Aspects of Criminal Liability and Civil Liability
- Check crimes (related to issuing or endorsing)
- Check-related penalties (original and supplementary)
- Criminal liability of bank employees for violating existing check law
- Amendments introduced to the new check law
Module 4: Practical Cases
- Different types of practical cases involving checks
- Legal procedures of criminal and civil cases involving checks
- Participants will be informally assessed on their interaction during sessions and their participation in exercises
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses