- Location: Knowledge Village - Dubai
- Duration: 2 Days
This 2-day course provides practical knowledge on Change Management techniques and the Practitioner certification.
You will examine the application of various Change Management techniques in different contexts. The course focuses on understanding of how to apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organizational change situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative; however, s/he may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. His/her individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
This course also prepares you for the APMG Change Management Practitioner exam. Given that a primary course goal is to achieve the Practitioner Certification, daily homework assignments and practice quizzes will be provided. The Practitioner-level exam is taken at the end of the second day of the course.
Who is this Course for?
- Those who have successfully completed the Foundation exam, and wishing to achieve Change Management Practitioner Certification.
- Anyone in a role that involves leading, managing, or supporting the change initiative, particularly for those working in organizations wherein a change initiative is being planned or taking place.
- Explore how the dynamics of effective change work
- Offer relevant insights in discussions about how to prepare for change, including factors which will increase the probability of a successful outcome
- Help identify individual learning issues affecting change, suggest learning activities appropriate to different individual learning styles, and evaluate the roles in the change process of feedback, coaching and action learning
- Recognize early signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Identify the impact of individual personality types on responses to change and on team relationships, and to suggest positive ways to make use of such diversity
- Support a range of types of teams with insights which will help achieve team effectiveness, including an appropriate role for facilitation of team meetings and processes
- Recognize the development level of a team and help its leaders to respond appropriately
- Offer an appropriate process framework to help plan or understand any particular organizational change
- Identify issues facing change leaders and offer insights to help them adapt their leadership style and approach to be appropriate to the situation
- Support the mapping of stakeholders around a change process and help develop ways to build and maintain stakeholder engagement.
- Improve your ability to pass the APMG Change Management Practitioner Certification exam
Individual Change Practitioner
- Appropriate learning activities for individuals with different learning preferences
- How to influence different personality types
- How to coach individuals using the GROW model and supporting techniques
Team Change Practitioner
How team effectiveness can be improved during change using:
- Glaser and Glaser 5 elements
- Tuckman’s model of team change
- Bion and Turquet’s leadership issues
- John Adair model
Organization Change Practitioner
- Strategic change process and how to apply the six essential characteristics
- Tools that support complex change
- Suitable approaches to manage and implement successful change
Application of Change
- Leadership approaches, roles and styles to lead change
- Overcome the pitfalls linked to the four key organizational metaphors by adopting different types of leadership and leadership approaches
Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Review of and Practice with APMG sample questions and test papers
- Successful completion of the Change Management Foundation course and APMG Change Management Foundation exam with a pass rate of 50% or higher
- Approximately 2 hours of study on the first evening
About International Institute for Learning, Inc
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL®; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI® Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI’s Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2®, ITIL®, and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA® Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses