Enroll in the CFA Program to begin earning the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential, the most respected and recognized investment management designation in the world.
The CFA Program provides a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills that will give you a career advantage.
Why Choose the CFA Program?
- The CFA Program curriculum covers concepts and skills you will use at all stages of your career.
- The self-paced, online format makes it easier for you to continue working while you complete the program.
- Completing the CFA Program shows employers and clients you have mastered a broad range of practical portfolio management and advanced investment analysis skills.
The CFA Program course of study includes the Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), the curriculum content, learning outcome statements (LOS), and the topic area weights.
Updates to the course of study are informed by our ongoing practice analysis, which includes feedback from practicing investment professionals, security market regulators, university faculty, and policymakers.
The course of study is organized into three levels and each level requires passing a six-hour exam. The program curriculum increases in complexity as you move through the three levels:
- Level I: Focuses on a basic knowledge of the ten topic areas and simple analysis using investment tools
- Level II: Emphasizes the application of investment tools and concepts with a focus on the valuation of all types of assets
- Level III: Focuses on synthesizing all of the concepts and analytical methods in a variety of applications for effective portfolio management and wealth planning
CFA Institute is a global community of more than 100,000 investment professionals working to build an investment industry where investors’ interests come first, financial markets function at their best, and economies grow. We believe this starts with training investment professionals to the highest educational and professional standards but we also know that it can only function at its best when all market participants are well informed.See all CFA institute courses