- Locations: Roushdy Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
This program covers all the essential skills necessary to be an effective team leader. There will be discussions of the special requirements of being a team leader as opposed to a traditional manager.
The program will concentrate on all of the factors essential to the building of a high performance team. It will also highlight obstacles to team development and methods for overcoming these obstacles. In particular, there will be an emphasis on dealing effectively with both team member conflict and poor performing team members. All participants will leave the program with ideas they can immediately implement in their work environment.
Working in teams is much more effective than working with the old style bureaucratic management. This has been well demonstrated by first the Japanese experience and later in other countries around the world. But the transition from hierarchy to teamwork requires the study and application of the principles of team style management In this program you will learn how to:
- Enhance your team leadership skills
- Motivate and manage your people for effective accomplishment
- Deal effectively with conflict in a team
- Build a high performance team
Who Should Attend?
- New members of the management team
- Team leaders interested in further management development
- Managers seeking to enhance their skills in leading teams
By The End Of This Course Attendess Will Be Able To:
- Recognize the difference between ineffective and effective teams.
- Study the different team player styles and their impact.
- Devise a strategy to manage the team through the stages of development.
- Discover techniques for improving their personal performance as a team leader.
- Examine the art of motivating employees
- Consider methods of dealing with conflicts between team members.
- Review strategies for handling difficult people.
This program covers all the essential skills necessary to be an effective team leader. There will be discussions of the special requirements of being a team leader as opposed to a traditional manager. The program will concentrate on all of the factors essential to the building of a high performance team. It will also highlight obstacles to team development and methods for overcoming these obstacles. In particular, there will be an emphasis on dealing effectively with both team member conflict and poor performing team members. All participants will leave the program with ideas they can immediately implement in their work environment.
Participants will learn by active participation during the program through the use of inpidual exercises, questionnaires, team exercises, training videos and discussions of “real life” issues in their organizations.
Case Study Simulation
The computer based simulation case study will emphasize application of operations management techniques. It is a dynamic business exercise designed for practicing managers to make strategic choices related to simulated real-world business variables. Participants, organized in teams, must implement their strategy by making a wide range of leadership decisions. An additional benefit for participants is that they will experience interrelationship of business decision and how each functional area affects the other.
Building A High Performance Team:
- The goals of teamwork
- High performance team master plan
- Identifying effective team behaviors
- Identifying ineffective team behaviors
- Understanding team player styles
- Overcoming obstacles to effective teams
Leading Different Types Of Teams:
- Employing teams at Harley Davidson
- Creating virtual teams through technology
- Overcoming resistance to teamwork
- Meeting team performance challenges
- Understanding the stages of team
- Essential skills for team leaders
Self Motivation And Development :
- Harnessing the power of your abilities
- Choosing empowering beliefs and
- Building your self confidence
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Strengthening determination and
- Turning ideas into action
- Dealing With Team Conflict:
- Defining team conflict
- Understanding the causes of conflict
- The Thomas-Kilman conflict mode
- Dealing with different learning styles
- Managing conflict effectively
- Obtaining the benefits of productive disagreement
Dealing With Difficult Team Members:
- Common causes of difficult people on a team
- Types of difficult people
- Adopting an assertive approach
- Models for effective counseling
- Managing the difficult team member
- Dealing appropriately with personal criticism
Strategic team leadership is the course book and it comes with website links and additional reading material to assist in the study of team leadership.
CTL certificate is accredited from Missouri State University, Management Development Institute MDI and Institute of Professional Managers IPM
About Integrated Business Services
We_They is an Egyptian organization for integrated business services presented in business training, IT solutions & Business SolutionsSee all Integrated Business Services courses