CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is generally considered as the Topmost Chartered/Public Accounting Designation in the world.
With a CPA you can be an auditor in the United States provided you have a License from the relevant State Board of Accountancy in the US. A CPA can also choose to work as Management Accountant (Finance and Accounting Manager) within the companies. A CPA has high demand especially in the US based MNC s inside and outside India, big-4 international audit firms. The Indian companies, nowadays, value those accounting professionals who have good knowledge in US GAAP and GAAS. So the demand of a CPA is ever increasing in the world job scenario. A CPA will not have to think of finding suitable jobs, jobs chase him or her. CPA opens a huge international opportunity to the careerist.
CPA Administrative InformationCPA exam is a joint effort of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), National Association of State Board of Accountancy (NASBA) and Prometric Exam Centers. AICPA is responsible for the CPA exam development; NASBA represents the 50 State Board of Accountancy and 4 districts. Exam eligibility of the candidates is decided by individual Board of Accountancy. Different states of the US have different sets of eligibility criteria and a CPA exam prospect needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria of a given state. The eligibility issue is explained in details in the paragraph ... The relevant State Board of Accountancy releases the Exam score. Exam passed out candidate need to seek the license from the respective State Board of Accountancy.
CPA Eligibility Criteria
- For writing CPA Exams one needs 120 Credits.
- For getting CPA License one needs 150 Credits.
In India, every year of university education is considered equivalent to 30 semester credits of US education.
Hence in India,
- B.Com = 3 years x 30 credits = 90 credits. (Non-Eligible)
- B.Com + M.Com/MBA = 90/120 credits + 60 credits = 150/180 credits (Eligible)
- B.Com + CA/CS/CWA = 90/120 credits + 60 credits = 150/180 credits. (Eligible)
Note: The above picture gives a gross idea on CPA eligibility. As stated above, different states of the US have different sets of eligibility criteria and a CPA exam prospect needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria of a given state. The eligibility is evaluated by CPA evaluation agencies. INFINIT helps you thoroughly in the process. Please mail us at with your educational details and job experience.
Reasons behind popularity of the CPA US QualificationThe CPA (US) is the most popular among all chartered/public accounting qualifications because:
- DEMAND: CPA is literally the most demanded chartered accountancy qualification of the world.
- COMPACT, GLOBALLY ACCREDITED COURSE: CPA has 4 papers: FAR,AUD, REG, BEC
- CONVENIENT EXAM WINDOWS: Exams are available throughout the year in 4 exam windows, viz, Jan-Feb, Apr-May, Jul-Aug, and Oct-Nov.
- SHORT TERMED: The 4 paper CPA exam can be completed in 12 months of time.
- INCLUSION OF MIDDLE EAST EXAM CENTERS: CPA exams can be written from the US as well as from SOME MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES LIKE UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait and Lebanon.
- ECONOMIC: The total cost of pursuing CPA US is less than most other equivalent finance qualifications of International Level (except CMA US). Even a national level MBA degree demands 4 times investment than CPA US. But a CPA's national and international level job opportunity increases 10 times than an ordinary MBA/MCom. Hence pursuing CPA gives you a comparatively higher ROI.
About Infinit Training CenterINFINIT Training Center has been established to satisfy the growing needs of professional skills in Kuwait.
The Center imparts the professional skills through:
1. Professional Certification Programs
Working executives and students can improve their skills through Certification programs like:
a. Certified Public Accountant CPA
b. Certified Management Accountant CMA
c. Certified Internal Auditor CIA
d. Chartered Accountant ACCA
e. Chartered Financial Analyst CFA
* INFINIT conducts the above courses to prepare the students for these professional examinations.
2. Management Development Programs
Working executives can also develop their skills through seminars and workshops. These programs include:
a. International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
b. Finance for Non-Finance Executives
c. SOX and Internal Control (COSO)
d. Project Management – Finance Perspective
* We can design and deliver programs to the needs of corporate clients.
3. Free Counseling
a. To assist school students to decide on accounting career decision.
b. To assist working Accountants to select a suitable Professional Certification Program.
c. To the accountants migrating to U.S., CANADA, AUSTRALIA on required preparatory arrangements.
d. To assist aspiring CPA candidates on their eligibility to CPA examination. See all Infinit Training Center courses