CPA Australia is one of the world's leading professional accountancy organisations, with more than 144,000 members in 127 countries. A large number of CPA Australia members hold senior leadership roles, and a large proportion of these operate at CEO or CFO level or as business owners.
The CPA (Certified Practising Accountant) designation is recognised throughout the world, and denotes a combination of strategic business skill and leadership as well as technical rigour. It shows that the holder has a sound knowledge of accounting and finance in terms of depth, breadth and quality.
The CPA Program is a rigorous, educational and experience-based programme, comprising a mix of educational segments and integrated workplace learning.
Why Should I Study the CPA Program?
CPA Australia is recognised for membership of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA). So it allows members to:
- Practise as a professional accountant in business
- Practise as an approved auditor.
- Act as a company secretary.
- Apply for a tax agent license.
In terms of members, CPA Australia is the third largest accounting body recognised by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants, with close to 9,000 members in the country. The programme has the highest pass rate and completion rate among competing professional accounting programmes in Malaysia.
Why Should I Study for the CPA Program at Noesis?
Noesis Exed is the first Registered Tuition Provider in the Klang Valley for the CPA Program , and has offered tuition to CPA Program professional level candidates since 2013.The tuition provided to candidates by Noesis complements the CPA Program distance education program. We use extensively materials produced by CPA Australia, including presentation slides, student support notes, study texts and BPP Revision Kits.
Each segment consists of 32 hours of study, and include a mock exam. Since 2013, Noesis pass rates have consistently surpassed global pass rates for all modules taken by our students.
CPA Australia CURRICULUM
The course consists of 6 modules (4 compulsory plus 2 electives to be selected from 4 on offer), which together equip students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in senior accounting positions.
Ethics and Governance
- Most students complete this segment first. This segment raises your awareness of various ethical, moral and practical considerations you may face as an accountant, and equips you with a value framework that will help you to act in the public interest. This commitment to integrity is one of things that sets the CPA apart from other accountancy qualifications.
- Financial reporting is of course primarily important to determine an organisation's financial performance and position. But as a CPA member, you will come to see it also as a means of communicating with investors, customers, suppliers and regulators. Taking financial reporting beyond compliance will help push your career further.
Strategic Accounting Management
- This segment teaches effective planning, measuring, analysis and communication in a global business environment. It shows you how to contribute to strategy development and implementation to secure a stronger competitive position for your organisation. In short, it provides you with the skills you need to get ahead.
Global Strategy and Leadership
- This segment consolidates the knowledge you will have gained in the other three compulsory segments. In an increasingly complex business environment, characterised by change, uncertainty and escalating competition, the discplines of strategy and leadership are now more relevant than ever.
- This segment, specially developed for the Malaysian context, adds value by not only ensuring that you are skilled on compliance with taxation laws but also by identifying the taxation implications for business. The segment focuses particularly on the application of legislation and principles to analyse and assess the impact of business decisions.
Advanced Audit and Assurance
- The audit and assurance process is more than just compliance. This segment takes you through the process of both auditor and client, giving you an awareness of internal and external assurance services that can determine the future of a business.
Financial Risk Management
- The global financial crisis has highlighted the key role that ethical, independent accountants have to play in managing risk and risk-laden assets. This segment equips you to recognize the financial risks faced by both small and large corporations in utilising, and in complying with international reporting requirements relating to, derivatives and hedging. It also equips you to put measures in place to manage risk.
Contemporary Business Issues
- Accounting as a discipline continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of society. For example, the accounting profession has been at the forefront in establishing emissions trading schemes and carbon credits, a notion unheard of a decade ago. This segment examines new issues, providing an opportunity for consideration and discussion of the role of the CPA in contemporary business.
- In order to qualify for the CPA Australia programme, students require:
- You can become a CPA regardless of your degree or current path. Of course, it's helpful if you've studied an accounting degree or diploma at university. Similarly, if you're at school, electing subjects like mathematics and economics will give you a great head start in your accounting education. However, in either case, a qualification in accountancy is not mandatory.
- Whatever level you're at in your accountancy education or career, to become a CPA you'll need to finish the CPA Program, including three years of practical experience. It's specifically designed for students and young professionals who are embarking on a career in accounting - regardless of whether you are already an accounting student.
- You'll need to have an inpidual assessment prior to commencing the CPA Program.
Established in 2009 by key former members of a local higher education institute. Noesis has moved into a new 11,600 sq ft facility, which included a 11-bed residence. in 2014, Noesis also started a Singapore Branch. It now provides a range of professional programmes from a number of prestigious international professional certifying bodies, as follows:
- CPA AUST
Our accreditation from these these institutions include:
- Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) – CFA Institute Prep Providers Guideline Programmes
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA AUST) – Registered Tuition Provider in the Klang Valley
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – CIMA Quality Partner, provider of all levels, including gateway and Pearson Vue Exam Centre
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – Active Accredited Study Centre and National Exam Centre
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) – First Non-UK accredited institution to offer advanced level programme