- Duration / Course length: 4 Months
- Starting Date: Enquire About It
- Timings: 06:00pm - 09:00pm
- Accrediting country: USA
- Accrediting body: IMA
The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics.
What will I learn?
- External financial reporting decisions
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Performance management
- Cost management
- Internal controls
- Corporate finance
- Decision analysis
- Risk management
- Investment decisions
- Professional ethics
- Staff Accountants and Cost Accountants
- Senior Accountants and Budget Analysts
- Financial Analysts and Finance Managers
- Vice Presidents (VP)
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO)
- Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
How will I benefit from taking this course?
CMAs have promising job prospects. The outlook forecasts an 18% increase in demand between 2006 and 2016, which is significant in these challenging times. Increasingly complex corporate tax laws mean employers will have to seek accountants with the solid knowledge in corporate accounting that the CMA provides. Being a CMA also means you are part of a network of international elites through the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) that connects over 30,000 CMAs.
Today CMAs can look forward to:
- Job opportunities
- Great pay and benefits (CMAs earn on average $30,000 more per year than non-certified accountants)
- Career advancement
- A bright future
- Membership in a professional network
How will I be assessed?
The CMA exam consists of 2 parts, each of which is a 4 hour examination. The exams consist of 100 MCQ's and 2 essay style questions. The exams can be taken in January/February, May/June and September/October. The minimum passing score is 360 out of 500 for each part.
- Active membership in the Institute of Management Accountants
- Pay the CMA Entrance Fee
- Satisfy the Education Qualification - Bachelor's Degree in relevant field from an accredited University
- Satisfy the Experience Qualification - 24 month in relevant field
- Complete all required examination parts
- Comply with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
About PwC's Academy
PwC Academy is the educational business of the global organisation PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Our goal is to give people greater knowledge, competence and expertise in finance and business. Our foundation is our team of expert professionals, who convey their wealth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.
We offer a variety of training courses covering professional qualifications, financial competencies, and management skills. The courses are based on both the individual experiences of our experts and the best practices of PwC Global. We constantly adapt our courses to meet the needs of modern business and tailor them to our client’s requirements. PwC’s Academies in the Middle East are part of PwC’s growing network of Academies which are present in over 30 countries worldwide. Through the network of PwC’s Academies we continually exchange best practices and successful methodologies to ensure that we are consistently providing industry leading training programmes.See all PwC's Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.