What is CMA ?
The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. The first CMA exam was offered in 1972 for accountants and financial professionals in business. More than 70,000 professionals' worldwide and top global employers in business value the CMA Credential.
Why CMA ?
- Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics because:
- CMA certification can expand your opportunities in your current business or your future career. It is focused on the critical skills which are used in business.
- Leading employers from multinational corporations to private firms, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations seek out CMAs to fill positions requiring critical accounting and financial management skills.
- Cost effective education with highest ROTI (Return on Time and Investment)
- CMAs earn higher compensation than non certified professionals
The ICMA Advantage
- One of the very few institutions in Oman dedicated to offer coaching for International Certifications in Finance, Accounting and Control
- Learning made easy by qualified experts with several years of practical experience
- A unique 'know and pass' focused coaching
- Emphasis on building strong conceptual foundation
- Periodic practice tests , evaluation and feedback
- Convenient timings for working executives
CMA Content Specification
The CMA exam is designed specifically to validate mastery of the advanced skills required to manage finance functions within an organization, enabling you to deliver value in today's complex business environment. There are two parts to the CMA, which can be taken in any order
CMA Exam Topics
Part 1 : Financial Planning, Performance and Control
External Financial Reporting Decisions
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
Part 2 : Financial Decision Making
Financial Statement Analysis
ICMA offers coaching for Part 1 and Part 2 of the CMA Program.
CMA Program Entry Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent degree as determined by an independent evaluation agency.
- Candidates for the CMA Certification must complete two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting and/or financial management. This requirement may be completed prior to or within seven years of passing the examination.
- Completion of registration and enrolment form and payment of the required fees.
- Membership in IMA
About Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA)
ICMA strives to add value to individuals and organizations through a confluence of mutually reinforcing services focused on Performance Measurement and Management.
These offerings straddle across current concepts and practices in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Internal Control, Financial Management and Strategy. ICMA is structured along the following services that align with its purpose as well as compliment and synergize with each other.
- Executive Education Programs
- Professional Education Coaching
- Other Professional Services