Course detailsVskills certification for Linux and Windows Integration Professional assesses the candidate as per the company’s need for system integration or system management. The certification tests the candidates on various areas in Linux deployment strategies, Samba configuration, file and printer sharing, CUPS, Using NetBIOS Network, Using LDAP, Using NT Domains, Kerberos configuration, running remote GUI programs, Linux thin client configurations, configuring mail servers and network ;
Why should one take this certification?
This certification is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Earning Vskills Linux and Windows Integration Professional Certification can help candidate differentiate in today's competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning ;
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Job seekers looking to find employment in system integration, system management or IT departments of various companies, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
Table of Contents
- Where Linux Fits in a Network
- Linux as a Server
- Linux on the Desktop
- Comparing Linux and Windows Features
- Linux Server Options
- Linux Desktop Migration
- Linux and Thin Clients
- Installing Samba
- The Samba Configuration File Format
- Identifying the Server
- Setting Master Browser Options
- Setting Password Options
- Common File Share Options
- Printing with CUPS
- Creating a Printer Share
- Delivering Printer Drivers to Windows Clients
- Example Shares
- Enabling Domain Controller Functions
- Enabling NBNS Functions
- Assuming Master Browser Duties
- Using NetBIOS Name Resolution
- Accessing File Shares
- Printing to Printer Shares
- Configuring GUI Workgroup Browsers
- The Principles Behind Winbind
- Samba Winbind Configuration
- PAM and NSS Winbind Options
- Winbind in Action
- The Principles Behind LDAP
- Configuring an OpenLDAP Server
- Creating a User Directory
- Configuring Linux to Use LDAP for Login Authentication
- Configuring Windows to Use LDAP for Login Authentication
- Kerberos Fundamentals
- Linux Kerberos Server Configuration
- Kerberos Application Server Configuration
- Linux Kerberos Client Configuration
- Windows Kerberos Tools
- What Can Text-Mode Logins Do?
- SSH Server Configuration
- Telnet Server Configuration
- Windows Remote-Login Tools
- What Can GUI Logins Do?
- Using Remote X Access
- Encrypting X by SSH Tunneling
- VNC Configuration and Use
- Running Windows Programs from Linux
- The Role of Thin Client Computing
- Hardware Requirements
- Linux as a Server for Thin Clients
- Linux as a Thin Client
- Linux Mail Server Options
- Configuring Sendmail
- Configuring Postfix
- Configuring POP and IMAP Servers
- Scanning for Spam, Worms, and Viruses
- Supplementing a Microsoft Exchange Server
- Using Fetchmail
- Backup Strategies
- Backing Up the Linux System
- Backing Up with Samba
- Backing Up with AMANDA
- Delivering IP Addresses with DHCP
- Delivering Names with DNS
- Keeping Clocks Synchronized with NTP
Vskills is the largest certification body of India. It conducts skills testing and certification exam to improve employability. Candidates use Vskills Certifications, which are well recognized in the Industry, as certification of skills and knowledge.
Companies have benefitted by hiring pre-certified candidates from Vskills and also use the certifications for their in house employee appraisals. The certification body is affiliated to various organizations and is managed professionally by IIM Alumni.
Tests are conducted in a secure and unbiased manner, and certificates are awarded based on merit of the candidates who qualify tests.
Vskills certifications are for relevant qualifications that help students/employees quantify and prove those skills that are valued by the employer and are in great demand.