The Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is the only globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their competency and professionalism in the internal auditing field. Since the program's launch in 1973, it has opened up countless doors of opportunity for practitioners around the world as it communicates their ability to serve as a key player in their organization's success. Candidates leave the program enriched with educational experience, applicable knowledge, and business tools that can deliver a positive impact in any organization or business environment.
- Candidates in the CIA program agree to accept the conditions of the program, including eligibility requirements, exam confidentiality, Code of Ethics, and Continuing Professional Education (CPE), along with other conditions enacted by The IIA's Professional Certification Board (PCB).
- Education: CIA candidates must hold a 4-year post-secondary degree (or higher) or its educational equivalent from an accredited university.
- Important change to the Education Requirement for the CIA: The Global Board of Directors has approved an alternate path to eligibility for the CIA for those candidates who do not possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Candidates may now become eligible for the CIA, subject to approval, who possess:
- Two years post-secondary education and five years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent,
- Seven years verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent.
- Work Experience: CIA candidates with a 4 year post secondary degree must obtain a minimum of 24 months of internal auditing experience or its equivalent. A Masters degree can substitute for 12 of the required 24 months. A completed Experience Verification Form is required. Candidates may apply to the program and sit for the exam prior to satisfying the professional experience requirement, but will not be certified until all program requirements have been met.
DURATION OF COURSE/ELIGIBILITY PERIODEffective November 2010, the certification program's eligibility requires candidates to complete the program certification process within four years of application approval. However, serious candidates can complete the 3-part CIA exam within 1 year.
SYLLABUS AND EXAMINATION FORMAT:Part 1 : Internal Audit Basics
125 questions | 2.5 Hours (150 minutes) The CIA exam Part 1 topics tested include aspects of mandatory guidance from the IPPF; internal control and risk concepts; as well as tools and techniques for conducting internal audit engagements. Note: All items in this section of the syllabus will be tested at the Proficiency knowledge level unless otherwise indicated below.
Part 2 : Internal Audit Practice100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes) The CIA exam Part 2 topics tested include managing the internal audit function via the strategic and operational role of internal audit and establishing a risk-based plan; the steps to manage individual engagements (planning, supervision, communicating results, and monitoring outcomes); as well as fraud risks and controls. Note: All items in this section of the syllabus will be tested at the Proficiency knowledge level unless otherwise indicated below.
Part 3 : Internal Audit Knowledge Elements100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes) The CIA exam Part 3 topics tested include governance and business ethics; risk management; organizational structure, including business processes and risks; communication; management and leadership principles; information technology and business continuity; financial management; and the global business environment.
About Infinit Training CenterINFINIT Training Center has been established to satisfy the growing needs of professional skills in Kuwait.
The Center imparts the professional skills through:
1. Professional Certification Programs
Working executives and students can improve their skills through Certification programs like:
a. Certified Public Accountant CPA
b. Certified Management Accountant CMA
c. Certified Internal Auditor CIA
d. Chartered Accountant ACCA
e. Chartered Financial Analyst CFA
* INFINIT conducts the above courses to prepare the students for these professional examinations.
2. Management Development Programs
Working executives can also develop their skills through seminars and workshops. These programs include:
a. International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
b. Finance for Non-Finance Executives
c. SOX and Internal Control (COSO)
d. Project Management – Finance Perspective
* We can design and deliver programs to the needs of corporate clients.
3. Free Counseling
a. To assist school students to decide on accounting career decision.
b. To assist working Accountants to select a suitable Professional Certification Program.
c. To the accountants migrating to U.S., CANADA, AUSTRALIA on required preparatory arrangements.
d. To assist aspiring CPA candidates on their eligibility to CPA examination. See all Infinit Training Center courses