By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify problems, principles, definitions and the major steps involved in the contracting process.
- Define ways to develop the scope of work and avoid pitfalls.
- Develop criteria to invite, receive and evaluate tenders.
- Identify administration tools and the roles of Contract Manager/Administrator.
- Discuss ways of using lessons learned to minimize confrontations during implementation and avoid disputes.
This Program is designed for:
All those involved in any aspect of preparing, implementing, managing or administering contracts who are committed to prove their dedication to their professional growth. This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Principles, Definitions and Problems
The Contracting Stages
- Contract Award
- Contract Administration
The Scope of Work
- Main and Sub-Contracts
- Criteria for Evaluation
The Tendering Stage
- Different Pricing Methods
- Problem-Solving versus Confrontation
- Contract Interpretation
Claims and Change Orders
- Legitimate and Not-So-Legitimate Claims
- Variation and Change Orders
- How, Who, Where and When
- Other Procedures
About Petro Training - Malaysia
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.See all Petro Training - Malaysia courses