- Duration 2 Years
- Location Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) is a vocational qualification designed by ACCA that will allow you to support the work of professional accountants. The final-level examinations are equivalent in standard to the first year of a university degree programme. Consequently, CAT graduates are allowed to move directly to Fundamentals Level (Skills module).
There are nine examinations to the CAT which are split into three levels. Each level is designed to test the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to work in accounting support roles. As well as completing your examination, you will have to gain a minimum of one year's relevant experience in financial training to achieve the Technician qualification.
- Graduates with one year of relevant and supervised practical experience are required to submit their Practical Experience Requirement which may be pre-, during or post-examination / studies to ACCA.
- Upon approval, CAT graduates may add the prestigious designatory initials 'CAT' to their names.
Progression to ACCA
- CAT graduates attempting to pursue the ACCA qualification are granted exemption from the Knowledge Module (3 papers) and thus may progress directly to the Skills Module (6 papers).
- CAT graduates will be able to support Financial Managers in any type of business, both locally and internationally.
- Graduates with relevant practical experience may be employed in an organisation of their choice - international professional services firms, multinational conglomerates, and private and public sectors. They may even be self-employed and manage their own business in any industry or sector.
- A career in finance will not put you in a box or limit your options. With the right qualification - ACCA - you can gain employment in any country. Accountancy is one of the few professions that transcend national borders. Finance professionals are in demand in places far afield internationally.
AB Maximus & Co Pte Ltd was founded in 1996 as a training consultancy specialising in Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preparatory classes. Our company is one of the leading providers of professional training and continuing education programmes for capital markets professionals in Southeast Asia. We also organise investor education and financial literacy programmes in the region.See all AB Maximus Training courses