- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Weeks
- Locations 541455 Amman 11937 Jordan
The standers that have to be met by seafarers at this level are defined in part A of the STCW Code, in the Standard of training, Certification and Watch keeping for seafarers convention, as amended in 2010.
- Standard of competence
- Every rating forming part of navigational watch on a seagoing ship of 500 gross tonnage or more shall be required to demonstrate the
- competence to perform the navigation function at the support level, as specified in column 1 of table A-II/4 STCW.
- The minimum knowledge, understanding and proficiency required of rating forming part of a navigational watch on a seagoing ship of 500 gross tonnage or more is listed in column 2 of table A-II/4 STCW.
- Every candidate for certification shall be required to provide evidence of having achieved the required standard of competence in accordance with the methods for demonstrating competence and the criteria for evaluating competence specified in columns 3 and 4 of table A-II/4 of STCW. The reference to “practical test” in column 3 may include approved shore- based training in which the trainees undergo practical testing.
- Where there are no tables of competence for the support level in respect to certain functions, it remains the responsibility of the administration to determine the appropriate training, assessment and certification requirements to be applied to personnel designated to perform those functions at the support level.
Jordan Academy for Maritime Studies (JAMS) is a private institution. It started its first academic year in 2004. The Academy campus lies on a lot of 4000 square meters located in Abu Nusair, one of the charming places of Amman, the capital of Jordan, and 35 km from Queen Alia International Airport.
The idea of establishing this Institution, as the first of its type in the region, came into existence due to the high number of students who study abroad, and who spend large amount of hard currency as costs of their studies on the maritime sciences, as will as the provision of the local market with the required number of skilled and qualified personnel.
As you are reading, They want you to consider what this Academy has to offer you. They believe you have come to the right place. Whether you are a student seeking good education, or a faculty member considering a challenging and respectable teaching job, or a parent seeking higher education for his beloved son.
In addiction to a healthy and challenging academic atmosphere, They care much to provide, for developing within Their students, a high sense of social and cultural commitments. They are proud of Their modern educational facilities and Their teaching staff.See all Jordan Academy for Maritime Studies courses