This course is providing best-practice sex therapy training for professionals who have a passion for assisting individuals, regardless of age, gender, race and social class to achieve optimum mental health.
What is included in the Sex Therapy
- Clinical supervision
- Case review and assessment
- History of sex therapy
- Developmental psychology and sex therapy
- Mental health and sexual disorders
- Psychological research methodology in sex therapy
- Abnormal psychology and sexual deviancy
- Clinical neuropsychology and sex therapy
- Sex therapy approaches
- Sex therapy and couple therapy
- Sex therapy and family therapy
- Ethics and boundaries
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, supervision & presentation. Assessment includes case study presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within two half days lectures and six 50 minutes group clinical supervisions and tutorials within a period of approximately 3 months with clinical supervision & research is implemented outside of classroom. During this period, students will be given assignments and projects to do.
Below are the equipment used:
- Psychometric Instruments
- Audio Resources
- White board
- Notes/ books
About International Psychology Center
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses