This course Psychoanalysis will be explored using a comparative Descriptive Psychology framework with the goal of understanding the fundamental psychodynamic concepts and theories as they historically unfolded and as they relate to contemporary practice. Various psychoanalytic perspectives on the unconscious, dreams, personality and emotional development, psychopathology, and treatment will be critically examined and historically positioned.
What is included in the Psychoanalysis Therapy
- Clinical supervision
- Case review & assessment
- Introduction to the subject matter. What is an action? What is psychodynamic psychotherapy?
- Introduction continued The psychologies of drive, ego, object, and self.
- The concept of "person" and the human animal. Intentionality and Freud's psychobiology. The dilemma of reductionism, determinism, and therapeutic liberation.
- The unconscious as concept, data and theory. The problems of demonstration and verification. Experimental and clinical evidence.
- The psychoanalytic method. Free association, neutrality, empathy, and the interpretation of transference and resistance. The creation of a safe place.
- Method continued. Transference and Countertransference.
- A history of drive and ego theory.
- The British Object Relations Theories
- The interpretation of dreams and the theories of dream formation. Freud's theory and the current understanding.
- Essentials of clinical theory. Clinical theory and metapsychology
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision, reflections, discussions & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do.
- Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with 6 group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Adult Psychotherapy, Geriatric Psychotherapy, Family Therapy, Couple Therapy, Child Therapy, Art Therapy and/or Expressive Therapy Divisions of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
Below are the equipments used:
- Psychometric instruments
- Subliminal recordings cds
- PsychoAromatherapy essential oil blends and pots
- Insomnia laboratory diagnostic testing kits
- Insomnia psychonutrtional medicine
- Reference books and journals
- Journaling and art therapeutic materials
- Audio Resources
- White board
- Notes/ books
Venue: International Psychology Centre, Kuala Lumpur
About International Psychology Center
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses