This 4th level advance course follows from the 3rd level Music Therapy course. It goes into greater depth the basic ideas introduced in the music therapy course of the different application of music in human behaviours, cognition and emotions, from buying behaviour, relationship and work performances.
This is an essential course for any professional wanting to learn how utilise this powerful resource of music to influence others and change behaviour.
Music and Behaviours: sports performances; consumer behavior
- Music Psychology is a branch of psychology that refers to psychoanalytic approaches to therapy and research that take the unconscious into account. It is particularly relevant to music therapy as the fundamental principle of music therapy is tapping into the unconscious through the use of music.
Music and Emotions: films and television
- It is usually defined as "the redirection of feelings and desires and especially of those unconsciously retained from childhood toward a new object." This is particularly relevant in the field of music therapy as one key area that is often tackled using music therapy is unhealthy transference of negative emotions.
Music and Thinking: work performances; sales outcome
- It is often defined as a redirection the therapist's feelings towards the client and this is a common problem that all therapists are susceptible to, therefore it is important that music therapists understand how to deal with it effectively.
Energetic Music to poduce energetic emotions and behaviour and their applications
- It is cited to be when patients either directly or indirectly oppose changing their behavior or refuse to discuss, remember, or think about presumably clinically relevant experiences. Again, a common problem faced by all therapists and a key one for music therapists to masters especially due to the strong tie of music therapy with the emotions of the client.
Romantic Music to produce romantic emotions and behaviour and their applications
- In music therapy is a 'defense mechanism' used by clients to psychologically 'regress' to a younger age to avoid dealing with current 'adult' issues. A common problem faced by music therapists and in this course we will show you how to use the principles of music therapy to overcome this and help your clients grow.
Peaceful music to produce peaceful emotions and behaviour and their applications
- Depression in child means sad or flat affect, moody irritability, eating and sleep disorder. There has been much evidence to suggest the efficacy of music therapy in treating depression. This course will explore the methods, techniques and forms of music therapy that are commonly used in treating the so-called "common cold" of psychological disorders.
History of Music Therapy
- In any discipline, it is important for students to have a basic understanding of the history and growth of the subject and the same applies in music therapy. But, don't worry we won't bore you with the nitty gritty details, we'll just equip with the basics to get you going.
Forms of music therapy
- Music therapy is an ancient form of therapy that has its roots in Ancient Egypt and since then has flourished greatly and evolved into many modern forms. Together, we will explore this growth and evolution to its modern form as it is now.
Chaotic Music to produce chaotic emotions and behaviour and their applications
- Over the years, many have tried to develop an effective and useful music therapy programme, but few have been successful. This is because few have been trained in the proper methods and techniques used in developing a music therapy programme, which is what this course will equip its students with.
Nolstagic Music to produce nolstagic emotions and behaviour and their applications
- Music therapy is not only useful in the treatment of those with psychological issues, but it is also useful in assessing these disorders from the start. Come learn how music can be used as a subtle yet effective tool in helping therapists assess various psychological disorders
How to tailor and create your own music to produce your required emotions and behaviours for yourself and others and their applications
How to neutralise different music and their impact on emotions, behaviours and their applications
- This is often a common issue that leaves individuals and families in tethers often with little help to be found, but new advances in music therapy are beginning to show how music can be used to treat those with children with special needs. Students will be immersed in the techniques and methodologies used to treat this disorder in this course
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do.
- Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with three group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Adult Psychology and Therapy Division of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
Equipment & venue
Below are the equipments used:
- Chairs & table
- Course book
- Cds and Music
- White board
- Notes/ books
Venue: International Psychology Centre, Kuala Lumpur
About International Psychology Center
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses