- Price MYR 4,800
- Duration 3 Months
- Location Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
What is included in the Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Group Clinical Supervision
- Case review and assessment
Emotion - Focused Therapy (EFT) proposes that emotions have an adaptive potential that, if activated, can help clients change. This view of emotion is based on the belief that emotion, at its core, is an innate and adaptive system that has evolved to help us survive and thrive. Emotions are connected to our most essential needs. They rapidly alert us to situations important to our well-being. They also prepare and guide us in these important situations to take action towards meeting our needs. Clients are helped in therapy to better identify, experience, explore, make sense of, transform and flexibly manage their emotions. As a result, clients become more skillful in accessing the important information and meanings about themselves and their world that emotions contain, as well as become more skillful in using that information to live vitally and adaptively.
The principles involved in the construct of EFT
The principles of change in EFT
Nature of emotion, emotion generation, emotion Scheme
Emotion Assessment and types of emotions - primary/secondary emotions; adaptive / maladaptive emotions
Empathy, Validation and Focusing on Feeling
- Creating an alliance
- Empathic attunement
- Emotional exploration
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do.
- Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with 6 group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Educational Psychology Division of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
Below are the equipments used:
- Chairs & table
- Course book
- Cds and Music
- White board
- Notes/ books
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses