- Price MYR 4,800
- Duration 3 Months
- Location Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Certification in Bangor Dyslexia Psychometric Test (endorsed by Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy (MAP) and Psychotherapy Chapter of Malaysia Society for Complementary Medicine) leading towards practitioner membership and licensure of MAP , Educational Psychologist Board of MAP & World Council of Psychology (WCP)
What is included in the Bangor Dyslexia Psychometric Test
- Clinical Supervision
- Case review and assessment
- The Bangor Dyslexia Test is an internationally validated educational psychometric test coated by Miles from Bangor University, UK. It is conducted for those who might have problems associated with specific learning difficulties or disorder.
- Professor Miles found that in his research that dyslexic children and adult suffered from a specific profile of disabilities. This course trains you how to use the Bangor Dyslexia Test to identify dyslexic symptoms which can be used with a clinical interview to assess present dyslxia.
Left-hand (body parts)
- This item is administered in order to indicate whether subject is able to differentiate body parts between left and right.
- This item is administered in order to identify whether subject is able to follow the words instructed instead of stumbling over words or getting part of words the wrong way around
- This item is administered in order to determine the subject's skill or strategies to subtract numbers.
- This item is administered in order to determine subject's ability on reciting at least three tables. This is because failure at reciting tables is a strong indicator of dyslexia.
- This item is administered in order to determine how familiar the subject is with the order of the months.
- This item also is administered in order to determine whether the subject is able to put the order of the months backwards.
- This item is administered in order to determine whether the subject has any related difficulties, for example, in remembering of telephone numbers or instructions.
- This item is administered in order to determine whether subject is able to put high concentration to say the digits backwards.
- This item is asked to see if there is any evidence that the subject confuses b and d.
- This item is administered in order to determine whether there is any evidence of anyone else in the family having similar difficulties.
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do.
- Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with 6 group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Educational Psychology Division of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
- Chairs & table
- Course books
- Psychometric inventory
- Cds and Music
- Notes/ books
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses