This course is designed to teach methods for assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and treatment of the person with alcohol in social service, mental health, medical, rehabilitative, and specialized substance abuse settings.
What is included in the Alcohol AddictionTherapy
- Clinical supervision
- Case review & assessment
Introduction to class & Course Description and Syllabus Review
Substances - tolerance, cross-tolerance, dependence
- Alcohol - "Helping Patients who Drink Too Much"
Biological and Genetic Factors in Addictions
- The physiological and behavioral consequences of alcohol
Screening, Assessment and Interviewing
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Influence of culture on view of alcohol treatment, and recovery
Prevention and Intervention
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision, reflections,discussions & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do. Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with 6 group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Adult Psychotherapy, Geriatric Psychotherapy, Family Therapy, Couple Therapy, Child Therapy, Art Therapy and/or Expressive Therapy Divisions of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
Below are the equipments used:
- Psychometric instruments
- Subliminal recordings cds
- PsychoAromatherapy essential oil blends and pots
- Insomnia laboratory diagnostic testing kits
- Insomnia psychonutrtional medicine
- Reference books and journals
- Journaling and art therapeutic materials
- Audio Resources
- White board
- Notes/ books
About International Psychology Center
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses