- Location: Knowledge Village - Dubai
- Duration: 7 Day
Course detailsPursue career opportunities in the retail industry! This practical course aims to give participants a solid understanding of the skills required to maximise the impact of any retail display space.
The course factors in some actual industry experience where individuals get a floorwalk in one of the RL stores and possibly a practical to execute at the store.
Taught in small groups, the course allows close interaction with the mentors and involves presentations, group discussions, practical projects, floor walk at stores and practical VM exercises.
Individuals also discuss their personal objectives on the course to get professional guidance on post study plans.
This course is taught in the evenings to allow working professionals & existing students to attend.
The FAD Dubai team also offers on-going post study support, answering all business & fashion related queries. We provide professional advice regarding website development & business marketing, helping to create excellent visibility for your business or mentor you for growth in the fast paced retail industry.
- Introduction to display and the theory of VM
- The basic understanding of VM
- Brand Identity - understanding the importance
- Mindset and approaches at different market levels - low, mid, high and luxury
- Different levels of VM roles - responsibilities
Planogramming / Layout / Brand Guidelines / Traffic Flow / Elevations / Checklists
VM = 360!
- "Buying process / Marketing Strategy / Retail Objectives"
- Understanding the Buy & Merchandising plan
- Aligning with Brand Marketing Strategy
- Product Pushes / Sales Targets & Figures
- Measuring your work
- Making a difference
Windows: Concept to Execution
- The complete window process
- One message from exterior to interior - 1 thread / layer
- Mannequins - styling & placement / formation as brand identity
Store Design: Fixtures / Fittings & The Parameter System
- Understanding your fixtures and fittings
- Knowing how to maximise your store presentation
- Creating ambience - lighting, smell, and music
- Visuals / Graphics / POS / Signage & Video as Communication
- Understanding the graphic layer and how it communicates to the consumer
The Future of VM
- Technology - VM Software
- Visual Interaction
- Social Media
About FAD Institute of Luxury Fashion & Style
FAD Institute of Luxury Fashion & Style envisions to be at the forefront of delivering world-class professional training in Luxury, Fashion & Style in the Middle East & contribute towards the greater vision of UAE to rise as a global industry epicenter in Fashion & Luxury.
The institute aims at fostering strong relations with world's leading creative schools and industry to allow cultural and academic exchange between global creative communities.
FAD Institute offers courses in Fashion Styling accredited by London College of Style, Makeup courses accredited by London Makeup Academy & Fashion Business courses by FAD International.
All the courses are approved by Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) Dubai.See all FAD Institute of Luxury Fashion & Style courses