- Location: Trade Centre - Dubai
- Duration: TBC
The course covers the fundamentals of RCFA – where did it come from, and how does it fit with other aspects of Maintenance and Reliability. Delegates will explore the advantages and disadvantages; learn when to use the technique and when not to use it. The core of the course is about dealing with how RCFA actually works, what are the prerequisites on which to build the success and how to increase the probability of success. Delegates will cover the RCFA process in all aspects – focusing on the practical application of the techniques. Delegates will also learn how to successfully implement RCFA in a business; what to do if the analysis does not seem to work and there is a repeat failure; how to keep their knowledge up-to-date by integrating feedback related to the latest equipment and process information.
- Use and application of RCFA to equipment and other forms of failure
- Advantages and disadvantages of RCFA
- Comparison to other forms of analysis such as Fault Tree, Cause and Effect
- A rigorous definition of the problem plus the preliminary assessment
- Data gathering – a critical step in capturing the knowledge on which the RCFA is based
- The analysis process – including exercises using fishbone and other techniques’
- Categories of equipment failure
- Selecting the right remedy and relating it to the alternative maintenance work tactics
- Understanding work tactics
- Evaluating the costs and benefits of the remedies and tactics
- Preparation and content of the final report and recommendations
Who Should Attend?
- Reliability analysts and engineers, planners, schedulers and their supervisors and managers
- Engineers, inspectors, maintenance project specialists involved in failure analysis, failure prevention, preventive maintenance, planning and scheduling
- Senior technicians wishing to understand failure analysis and preventive maintenance
- Technical supervisors and managers responsible for delivery and quality of maintenance
Benefits Of Attending:
- Determine how Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) gets to the bottom of expensive failures and apply RCFA in the workplace to reduce the cost of maintenance and the cost of failure
- Practice the techniques that make the application of RCFA significantly easier
- Understand how to keep the knowledge from going stale so the quality of the analysis and the results continue to pay dividends
About Institute for International Research (IIR)
The Institute for International Research (IIR) is part of Informa plc (www.informa.com), the leading international provider of specialist information and services for the academic and scientific, professional and commercial business communities. Informa has more than 150 offices in more than 40 countries, employs over 9,000 staff globally and is the largest publicly owned organiser of conferences and courses in the world with an output of over 10,000 events annually.
For more than 35 years IIR has been the leader in facilitating business knowledge and skills delivered through cutting edge conferences, training programmes and industry led exhibitions.
Operating in the Middle East since 1993 we are the leading event organiser regionally. Key expertise allows us to identify trends ahead of the curve by responding quickly to market needs to bring global thought leaders and industry experts into the region.
IIR Conferences are renowned for getting to the heart of the matter. The relentless pursuit for excellence is reflected through the most competent of event researchers and managers, ensuring the latest schools of thought and lively debate. Featuring key industry experts and senior representatives from the world's biggest and most forward looking organisations, you will hear from seasoned practitioners who have the solutions to the challenges facing your business today.
Our training division is the leading and largest provider of training programmes across the region with more than 350 technical and core-skills performance improvement programmes spanning finance and banking, IT and telecoms, HR, Management, Health and Safety and marketing. Training programmes are delivered by leading industry practitioners and expert consultants in a number of formats such as public training courses, customised in-house programmes, distance learning, workshops and blended solutions.
IIR Exhibitions is the largest trade and consumer event business in the Middle East. Our current portfolio extends to over 40 large scale events across all industry areas - located from Dubai to Singapore, Abu Dhabi to Beijing, New York to Mumbai, and many more of the most established business hubs across the globe. Running alongside our show brands you will find a vast array of conferences, training courses, publications, industry awards, market intelligence and networking functions.
IIR is serious about nurturing talent and providing a professional portfolio of skills that will take both you and your organisation to an optimum level of excellenceSee all Institute for International Research (IIR) courses