Personal training is a career choice requiring both considerable knowledge of the body and how it works and, above all, the ability to apply that knowledge within an exercise scenario. You will also need to be able to inspire and motivate others through effective and thoughtful communication. This Personal Training programme has been developed over 20 years to meet these requirements and to open the door for you to this truly unique and rewarding occupation.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to PT
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
- Health and fitness appraisal
- Dynamic fitness testing for power, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility
- Core training, and programme design for hypertrophy, strength, power and aerobic fitness
- Postural assessment and corrective exercise
- Integration of functional training options
- Nutritional advice for physical activity including pre/ post exercise nutrition and weight management
- Communication and motivational strategies
You will need a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction or another suitable level 2 qualification to attend the course. Students must be at least 16 years old with a reasonable level of fitness as well as reading, writing and numeracy skills.
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments, multiple choice theory exams and a number of worksheets.
Will I recieve a certificate of completion?
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (accredited by Active IQ)Updated on 08 November, 2015