- Fees / Price AED 4,500
- Duration 35 Hours
- Locations gulf medical university
This course provides a foundation in the physiology of digestion, absorption and metabolism of nutrients with special emphasis on nutritional aspects of growth and development including infant and young child nutrition. Nutritional management in metabolic disorders and common clinical conditions and nutritional support in special situations will be focused upon using evidence-based approach and new research findings.
- Review of gastrointestinal physiology, digestion and uptake of nutrients including recent advances.
- Metabolism of nutrients in health, growth, aging and disease states.
- Energy balance, nutrition and relationship to malnutrition.
- Evidence-based studies of the relationship of diet and nutrition to disease states.
- Metabolic disorders and role of nutrition in their management.
- Nutritional assessment in health and disease in different age groups.
- Nutritional plans in health and disease.
- Concepts of nutritional support including oral nutritional supplements, enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Assess nutritional status in health and disease in different age groups.
- Apply physiological and metabolic principles underlying nutritional status in the assessment and treatment in health and disease.
- Develop optimum nutritional treatment plans for different clinical conditions.
- Apply concepts of nutritional requirements in managing patients diagnosed with different diseases.
The Gulf Medical University came into existence with the Decree issued by the Minister of Higher Education & Scientific Research, His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan on the 10th of July 2008 when the Gulf Medical College, Ajman was officially approved as the Gulf Medical University. The University had its humble beginnings as the Gulf Medical College, Ajman established with the Decree No. 1, dated 28 January, issued by his Highness Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al-Nuaimi, the Ruler of Ajman and Member of the Supreme Council, U.A.E in the year 1998 as there was a felt need for a medical college in the United Arab Emirates.
The Gulf Medical College Ajman began with the M.B.B.S program and later the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program was added in October 2000. Today the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research has recognized the Gulf Medical University as a center of excellence and has permitted the University to foray into newer programs in Pharm D, DMD, Masters Programs in Clinical Pathology, Toxicology and Public Health.
The focus of the Gulf Medical University is in the three core areas of Medical Education, Healthcare and Research. The university will strive to develop these three core areas as spotlights of medical excellence in the coming years.
This was the first medical institution in the region, which offers admissions to both boys and girls of all nationalities. The university has infrastructure and facilities, which is on par with some of the established medical institutions in the world. Apart from the academic programs, Gulf Medical University is in the forefront of Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Professional Development Programs. The university has been organizing well acclaimed International and Regional conferences and Symposia. The university also publishes a quarterly Health magazine - GMC Health Journal, as part of its commitment to informative medical journalism.See all Gulf Medical University courses