Course detailsOver the years, treatments for persons with Cerebral Palsy have become increasingly more progressive. The Cerebral Palsy Awareness Diploma Course looks at treatments from both traditional and complementary medicine. With more options than ever before, these treatments can lead to less pain, reduced spasticity, a higher level of independent movement, and a sense of being able to participate more fully in life than ever before.
Learning how to deal with the day-to-day is an important part of living with Cerebral Palsy. The course discusses the benefits of having a support system in place, should extra help be needed, and details self-advocacy techniques and strategies that can be used to build confidence and independence. You will also learn about the 6 major aspects of life in which a sense of wellbeing can enable a person to make positive changes.
Knowing your rights is an important part of living with Cerebral Palsy. The course discusses the wider world of disability rights, the law, and strategies/accommodations that can ensure the best possible integration in school and work environments.
The course looks through the history of Cerebral Palsy, including the various movements that have improved public perception and changed attitudes. You will discover how treatments have evolved over time and how current research may change future therapies. You will also learn about common symptoms in babies that are indicative of Cerebral Palsy and what the specific medical causes of the condition are, both congenital and acquired. A glossary of terms is included to ensure comprehension.
Independence, self-sufficiency, and self-advocacy are three of the most important things to any person, so these are of course important to someone with Cerebral Palsy. The Cerebral Palsy Awareness Course explains how those caring for individuals with the condition can work with them to help them gain independence, and the systems, support, and technologies that are in place to accomplish this.
Fitness and wellness should be important to everyone, but for those with Cerebral Palsy, it can make a big difference to their quality of life. The course explains the ways in which those with the condition can exercise and even guides through some exercise routines that target specific areas. Also covered is the importance of proper nutrition and how to prepare and take in food.
- Module 1 - The Five Forms of Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Module 2 - Treatments for CP
- Module 3 - Self-help for People with CP
- Module 4 - Living with CP
- Module 5 - People with Disabilities Throughout History
- Module 6 - Working with People who have CP
Job roles this course is suitable for:Cerebral Palsy
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs