AACE International's Certified Estimating Professional (CEP) certification program is designed to establish credentials for those individuals working in the estimating field. This certification program will give professionals a means to validate their skills and knowledge. CEP certification will distinguish you as a Certified Estimating Professional who has the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line.
AACE's CEP certification provides an exam and experience validation that lets employers identify those who meet the program’s competency standards.
About AACE International
AACE's Certifications have been a mark of distinction for over 30 years. As the industry leader, AACE's certifications provide exam and experience validation that lets employers, clients, and colleagues identify those who meet the program's competency standards. With AACE Certification, you demonstrate that you have met the highest professional standard available in the industry.
This intensive course is designed to quickly and efficiently give you information, skills, strategies, and techniques to lead to successful preparation for your certification exam.
- 40 Hours of exam focused Intensive Training
- CEP Certified Instructors with industry experience
- Examination practice questions, exercises, flash cards etc.
- Full support from applying for AACE International membership to certification exam and re- certification
- Free Re-training for non-pass student
CEP Certification will distinguish you as a Certified Estimating Professional who has the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line of an organization.
Today's ever changing business environment requires new approaches to cost engineering management, which has become an important tool for dealing with time to market, resources limitations, downsizing and global competition.
At the end of this program, you will:
- Be familiar with "Skills and Knowledge of Cost Estimating "
- Learn comprehensive tools & techniques in Cost Estimating and Control
- Improve your project management skills: Effective Planning and Scheduling
- Manage uncertainty in your project through an effective Risk Management Plan
- Be familiar with Contract Management
- Gain an in-depth knowledge in Total Cost Management framework
Pass the examination
To become a CEP, an overall passing score of 70% must be achieved in the multiple choice exam & One written memo question
The CEP exam contains two components: the multiple choice written exam and written memo question..
Both components must meet the minimum overall score of 70% in order to successfully pass the exam.
Multiple Choice Exams
The exam is delivered through computer based testing (CBT) and is comprised of multiple-choice and compound, scenario questions. The topics covered in the exam are: Basic Cost Engineering Skills & Knowledge, Economic Analysis, Project Management, and Cost Estimating and Control.
Apply for the examination
The Computer Based Test is a 120 MCQ 5 hour continuous four part closed book exam. However, formula guides were developed to assist in calculating specific questions and available onscreen, when, and if, needed. Candidates are also permitted to bring any style of calculator, including programmable calculators, to use during the exam.
- Supporting Skills and Knowledge
- Cost Estimating Skills and Knowledge