- Price AED 10,000
- Duration 12 Weeks
- Timings Full time & Part time available
- Locations Oud Metha, Al Hosn...+1 more
If you want a career in English teaching, a CELTA course at the British Council could be the ideal starting place.
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an internationally recognised English teaching qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience. It is one of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind and it is essential for anyone hoping to work for a reputable English language teaching institution such as the British Council.
Our intensive, four-week CELTA course helps participants acquire the language awareness, lesson planning and classroom management skills needed to teach English to adult learners. It is a full-time course that is challenging and rewarding in equal measure. Candidates' performance is assessed on a daily basis and they are expected to meet regular deadlines.
CELTA is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assesment, part of the world-famous University of Cambridge. The British Council is accredited by the University of Cambridge to deliver the course.
On this course you will:
- train as part of a small group and receive individual support and attention
- attend daily input sessions focusing on language awareness and teaching methodology
- plan and deliver six hours of observed teaching and receive feedback on your performance
- produce four written assignments on language, learning and teaching theory
- observe other course participants and more experienced British Council teachers
- find out what it is like to work in a busy and successful teaching centre.
We connect people with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK.
Whether you want to learn or teach English, take an exam, study in the UK or find out about our forthcoming events, this is the place to start.
Learning English could change your life; it could help you find a job, get a promotion, pass an exam or start a new life abroad. At the British Council, we can help you to improve your English, communicate with confidence and achieve your goals.
With a global network of teaching centres employing great teachers, an effective classroom approach and the latest technology, we are the world's English experts. And with support from the world’s most comprehensive online learning resources and access to internationally accredited qualifications, your chances of success are much higher with the British Council.See all British Council - UAE courses
Training Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 29, 2016 English, Training, Teaching and Education