Major advances in the understanding and management of patients with severe and diffuse cardiovascular disease of diverse etiologies, along with increasingly complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures requiring technical and interpretative skills, and the expectations from Kuwait Society has made it imperative to have a suitable specialty training program in Cardiology.
The Cardiology Specialty Training Program (CSTP) will aim to provide a comprehensive present-day background for the understanding, investigation, evaluation, management and prevention of cardiovascular disease. The training experience in 'Clinical Cardiology' is fundamental to the development of the specialist in Cardiovascular Medicine. It should provide a broad exposure to acute and chronic cardiovascular diseases emphasizing accurate bedside clinical and ambulatory diagnosis, appropriate utilization of diagnostic studies and integration of all data with sensitivity to the unique features of each individual patient. In addition, active participation in research projects will provide further experience in critical thinking.
The CSTP program will help to:
- Ensure a high standard of competent, relevant, adequate, humane care of acutely ill and chronic patients.
- Develop adequate skills in Cardiology and patient management.
- Acquire skills and interpretative ability in the various non-invasive and invasive investigative modalities.
- Initiate and undertake measures in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Encourage an attitude for initiating and continuing relevant research.
- Pursue a life-long interest in continuing medical education.
- Generate active involvement in teaching, training and interaction with students, residents, nurses and other colleagues in Cardiology, Medicine, Surgery,
- Nursing and all related areas.
- Progress to sub-specialization in an area like Noninvasive
- Cardiology, Invasive Cardiology,
- Electrophysiology, Acute cardiac/coronary care,
- Molecular Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, etc.
About Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization
KIMS was established under a decree issued by HH the Amir of Kuwait. The institute is engaged in a variety of activities, including the organization of internship training of pre-registration medical graduates, specialty training at various levels in different medical fields, and continuing medical education programs for health professionals practicing in Kuwait.See all Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization courses