- Price EGP 45,455
- Locations Petro Tech
Business systems analysis is the discovering, analysing, modeling and specification of the logical requirements of a business in order to design and build effective business solutions.
Business systems analysis requires specialised knowledge and skills. The process of identifying and defining business requirements is very different from applying technology to address business requirements.
Participants will gain knowledge of the best techniques and methods for gathering requirements from users and other stakeholders; develop business and data models that describe these requirements and write detailed specifications that provide an accurate blueprint for the designing, building and testing of the proposed system. They will also learn how business systems analysis techniques can be related and integrated using the Architecture Framework to ensure that all the requirements are comprehensively described and correctly defined.
This seminar aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the role of the business systems analyst
- Understand the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Define the system scope
- Identify system stakeholders
- Create a business case
- Understand and apply The Architecture Framework
- Model the business across all its dimensions: data, activities, locations, people, time and motivation
- Apply information gathering techniques
- Define functional and non-functional business requirements
- Write a business requirements specification
State-of-the-art business systems analysis methods and techniques are transferred by means of short, focused presentations which are followed by experiential learning workshop sessions. In these sessions the knowledge gained is applied to real-world examples and case studies. Rapid learning of the methods and techniques is achieved by means of group work, individual work, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and constructive feedback.
- Improved integration between the business and the information technology department of the organisation
- The correct fit between the requirements of the organisation and information systems that are developed or procured
- Reduced information technology development risk, costs and time overruns
- Improved quality of information technology projects
- Be able to work effectively in a systems development project
- Have the ability to confidently elicit business requirements from business users and other stakeholders
- Be able to identify the essential requirements of the business
- Effectively communicate business requirements to stakeholders
Introduction to Business Systems Analysis
- The role of the business systems analyst
- The Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- The business systems analysis process
- Identifying system users and other stakeholders
- Defining the system scope
- Creating a business case
Modeling the Business
- An introduction to modeling concepts
- The Architecture Framework
- Modeling data requirements
- Business process modeling for business systems analysis
Modeling the Business (Continued)
- Writing and modeling use cases
- Modeling the location dimension
- Modeling organisations, people and roles
- Analysing business and time events
- Discovering and documenting business rules
- Communication for business systems analysts
- Interviewing methods
- Using questionnaires
- Document analysis and observation
- Workshop facilitation using Joint Application Design (JAD) techniques
- Eliciting and capturing requirements in workshops
Preparing a Business Requirements Specification
- Functional and non-functional requirements
- Writing effective requirements
- Validating requirements
- The content of a business requirements specification
Following attendance on the workshop delegates are required to complete an assignment related to their organisation. They should bear in mind the topics covered on the programme. It is recognised that information is vital when undertaking business analysis. Devise a sample questionnaire which you could use to gather such information.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.