The loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company. Business succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises.Whether it is preparing someone to take over as the sole proprietor of a small business or a position of leadership in a corporation, business succession planning is essential to the long-term survival of a company. This course will teach you the difference between succession planning and mere replacement planning and how to prepare people to take on the responsibilities of leadership so that the company thrives in the transition.
Module One: Getting Started
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Succession Planning Vs. Replacement Planning
- What is Business Succession Planning?
- What Is Replacement Planning?
- Differences Between
- Deciding What You Need
Module Three: Preparing for the Planning Process
- How to Set Parameters for the Planning Process
- Should You Establish a Committee?
- How to Gather Operational Data
Module Four: Initiating Process
- Develop a Mission Statement
- Develop a Vision Statement
- Choosing to Be a Mentor
Module Five: The SWOT Analysis
- Identifying Strengths
- Identifying Weaknesses
- Identifying Opportunities
- Identifying Threats
Module Six: Developing the Succession Plan
- Prioritize What the Succession Plan Will Address
- Set Goals and Objectives
- Develop a Strategy for Achieving Goals
- Draft the Plan
Module Seven: Executing the Plan
- Assign Responsibility and Authority
- Establish a Monitoring System
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
Module Eight: Gaining Support
- Gathering Data
- Addressing Concerns and Issues
- Evaluating and Adapting
Module Nine: Managing the Change
- Developing a Change Management Plan
- Developing a Communication Plan
- Implementing the Plans
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
- Module Ten: Overcoming Roadblocks
- Common Obstacles
- Re-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
Module Eleven: Reaching the End
- How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
- Wrapping it All Up
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Define business succession planning and its role in your company.
- Lay the groundwork to develop a succession plan.
- The importance of mentorship.
- Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
- Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
- Communicate to develop support and manage change.
- Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
- Characterize success.
Premiere Training and Consulting established and since then it has had a noticeably big impact on the Training and Development industry. This is primarily attributed to the fact that it has been excellence-driven right from the start. This is reflected in the company’s relentless efforts to attain accreditation from the most prestigious academic education institutions worldwide to ensure quality learning to its seekers.
Premier’s success in attaining accreditation was not granted until all its offered courses has been assured that they meet the standards of course design, delivery and monitoring set by those international accreditation bodies. This success is not only due to our accreditation status, nor the way They structure and deliver our courses, but also our people, and our guiding principles.
The professional learning solutions that They offer are geared towards achieving the best return on investment for inpiduals and organizations.
Our training can be pided into the following key learning portfolios:
- International Vocational Qualifications and Certifications,
- Business and Management,
- Soft Skills and Personal Growth Development,
- Sales and Marketing,
- Education Development,
- English Language,
- Information Technology.
"The achievement credentials offered to participants vary betTheyen awards, certificates of achievement, and professional diplomas."
Premier has Theyll understood the urgent instant need for professional development in the fast-paced world that They live in which has shaped its training materials and methods. They offer the best off-the-shelf courses as Theyll as customized material based on the customers’ business needs reached through professional needs analysis that the company insists on running before taking on any project. Also, our training methods vary; they include extended trainings, a few-days/hours workshops, on-the-job training, and one-on-one training as Theyll. Whatever the training is and hoTheyver it is delivered, all the customers’ needs and the learners’ learning styles are closely met.See all Premier Training & Consulting courses