- Locations: Jibla
- Duration: 2 Years
This diploma program provides students with the entrepreneurial, managerial and ownership skills required for a successful career in the ownership or management of a small to medium-sized enterprise (SME). This area of the economy is growing and changing at an unprecedented rate, creating a demand for highly skilled and knowledgeable business professionals.
Embedded in all core courses are ecological sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) models in order to create socially responsible managers. The curriculum also emphasizes individual education where students are encouraged to explore their talents and creativity by choosing and working on project topics that are of interest to them. In addition, students work on several major business projects including the creation and presentation of a comprehensive business plan, which they may use as a blueprint to start their own business.
The program has a strong focus on trends, innovation and the digital economy in order to provide students with the forward-thinking skills needed to become effective, and successful, business owners. The program is also designed to provide graduates with several laddering options including upgrading to an Ontario College Advanced Diploma or pursuing several Ontario College Graduate Certificate options.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Want to control their own destiny and start a small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) or use their entrepreneurial spirit to manage an existing SME.
- Are hardworking, motivated and creative visionaries with a strong ability to generate new ideas and to find a better way of doing things.
- Are proactive and “get the job done”.
- Want to be part of a like-minded team of students and faculty that helps them achieve their goals.
- Want to prepare themselves for a better future.
- Want exposure to professors with knowledge and experience in the small and medium environment.
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) are the fastest growing sector of the global economy. Many graduates are interested in managing a small to medium-sized business or starting their own business. Employment may also be obtained in both the private and public sectors where strong leadership skills and the ability to adapt to change are required.
Programs at Algonquin College are delivered using a variety of instruction modes. Courses may be offered in the classroom or lab or in a hybrid mode which combines classroom sessions with online learning activities. Upon registration, each full-time student is provided an Algonquin email account which is used to communicate important information about program or course events.
- Business Computer Applications
- Communications I
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Skills for Success
- Business Presentations
- Introduction to Accounting
- Communications II
- Ethical, Social and Personal Development
- Marketing for Management and Entrepreneurship
- Professional Selling
Choose one from equivalencies:
- General Education Elective
- Managing Your Finances
- Introduction to Project Management
- Social and Digital Media Communications
- Marketing Research
- Retail Management
- Contemporary Political and Legal Issues in Canadian Society
- Business Plan – Applied
- Business Management
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Visual Merchandising and Store Planning
About Algonquin College Kuwait
Algonquin College – Kuwait (AC-Kuwait) is a branch Campus of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, a highly respected and internationally recognized Canadian College. The Campus is conveniently located in Al Naseem (just off the 6th ring road) and will offer quality programs that are recognized around the world. It will include practical labs and new learning techniques that will enable you to get involved, so you can learn the skills you need to succeed in today’s high-tech environmentSee all Algonquin College Kuwait courses