- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 3 Days
Etiquette is a very important factor in determining the success or failure of a business or a person. Etiquette is the way a person presents himself to others, being comfortable and making other people around them comfortable.
Good business etiquette equals a recipe to success. It is very important to practice good manners and etiquette in order to succeed in your business, be liked by people and maintain good relationships with clients, customers and employees.
Today's manager increasingly has to work in international and cross cultural environments. In addition to the normal pressures of people-management, managers are now required to deal with challenges, friction and misunderstandings emanating from cross cultural differences. Effective management in the modern environment necessitates cross cultural competency in order to get the best out of a multicultural team.
On completion of the course participants:
- Understand what etiquette is & why it's important
- Learn strong, professional social skills including:
- effective introductions
- creating a good first impression with the "3 C's"
- minimize nervousness in social situations
- master the art of memorizing names
- learn the 3 steps to effective handshakes
- enumerate the 4 levels of conversation
- understand place settings, napkin etiquette & basic table manners
- understand the protocol for ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol during a business meal, paying the bill & tipping
Master professional office conduct including:
- etiquette in relation to open plan & cubicle environments
- working out of the office
- do's and don'ts in meetings
- eating at work
- Master the fundamentals of email etiquette
- Acquire telephone etiquette fundamentals
- Learn how to dress for success
- Will be able to understand challenges, friction and misunderstandings emanating from cross cultural differences
- Gain valuable insight into international etiquette
Business development managers, Public Relation managers, Client relationship officers
This course uses interactive training methods of a combination of lecturing, group discussion/exercises; self-assessment questionnaires; case studies; role-play activities; and video-based learning
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Etiquette
- Module 2: Networking for Success
- Module 3: Professional Introductions
- Module 4: Professional Office Conduct
- Module 5: Business Email Etiquette
- Module 6: Eating Out
- Module 7: Telephone Etiquette
- Module 8: The Written Letter
- Module 9: Dressing for Success
- Module 10: Multi-cultural Challenges
- Module 11: International Etiquette
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses