BLI Business Etiquette workshop develops the concept of business etiquette and the proper etiquette practices for different business scenarios. You will learn the etiquette requirements for meeting, entertaining, telephone, and Internet business interaction scenarios.
- Fear of embarrassment from doing or saying the wrong thing is one of the most common sources of stress in a business or professional setting. Many people have had some awkward moments where they aren’t sure which fork to use or which side plate is theirs, or they have had to make small talk with some VIP and been lost for words. However, what can be even more damaging to a person's career are the social gaffes they aren’t even aware they are making.
- This course teaches participants about the fundamentals of business etiquette. Participants learn how to build relationships, create a professional appearance, develop positive relationships with coworkers, and practice cubicle and office etiquette. In addition, the course teaches participants the appropriate behavior and etiquette for using the Internet, participating in daily communications, and attending meetings. Participants will also learn how to handle ethical dilemmas and personal issues, become a good conversationalist, and be courteous when communicating. Participants will examine the appropriate etiquette for business meals and functions, as well as how to be a courteous traveler at home or abroad.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Network skillfully; from making introductions to shaking hands and using business cards appropriately
- Remember names and make a good first impression
- Understand the basics of dining etiquette
- Communicate properly and politely in a variety of business scenarios, both written and spoken
- Prepare for both formal and informal meetings, whether they are presenting or attending
- Dress appropriately for every business occasion
- Utilize that extra edge that establishes trust and credibility
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Introduction to Business Etiquette
- Cubicle and office etiquette
- Office relationships
Greetings and Introductions
Meeting and Board Room Protocol
- Etiquette in meetings
- Attending business functions
- Business dining
Internet and Email Etiquette
- Appropriate use of the Internet
- Writing guidelines
Business Attire and Professionalism
- Dress for success
- Personal issues in the workplace
- Monitor the progress
- The courteous traveler
- International travel
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses