English is the main language of any international business. Inpiduals wanting to work in such businesses have the added pressure to not only maintain a good standard of English but also increase their fluency and overall competence in English used in businesses.
Business English is basically language which is specifically used within an international trade context. It may be considered a specialism within the English language. There are many non-native companies and inpiduals who study Business English in order to conduct business on an international scale or with companies who are English speaking. Inpiduals may also wish to brush up on their business English in order to communicate better within the company they are currently employed in.
The object of any training in business English is to equip participants with the skills necessary to communicate effectively and efficiently and through the teaching of rules of grammar, certain business vocabulary (trade, finance, statistics) and enhance skills needed for presentations, meetings, correspondence, report writing and negotiations.
This course aims to increase confidence of participants in reading, writing and listening in English within a business context. The focus of this course is on the language that businesses use for various activities and for communicating with each other and on an international platform. Information will be presented through slides and visual aids and participants will be encouraged to discuss various topics as well as communicate with each other in role-play exercises designed to enhance their communication in business settings. Participants will also be encouraged to make presentations in English used in Businesses at the end of the course.
The course aims to achieve the following:
- Equip participants with the significance of English in businesses
- Introduce participants to business vocabulary
- Familiarize participants with the different types of business correspondences
- Introduce participants to report writing using Business English
- Introduce participants to statistics and terminology used in trends in businesses
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Use key business vocabulary effectively
- Be able to correspond in English
- Use grammar, punctuation and pronunciation correctly for common business terminology
- Have the skills necessary to enhance oral presentation skills like pitching a business idea or making a presentation
- Have the necessary skills to communicate in meetings and negotiations
- Be able to write reports more effectively using Business English
Kawader is a learning and development institute licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority of Dubai (KHDA) that helps people grow in so many ways. It is a place where they combine theoretical information and practical exercises to create memorable and impactful experiences that drive towards learning, behavioral change and business outcomes.
At Kawader, their mission is to prepare people to work in a multicultural environment, face new challenges, critically assess business issues and contribute to a brighter future for their organizations.
their consultants are energetic, experienced and committed leaders in learning. They have worked in a wide range of industries including telecommunications, universities, banking, transportation, governmental agencies, health care, media, and hospitality.
their focus is on using innovative, engaging learning methods to reach favorable outcomes. they work as partners with their clients to develop new insights and building capabilities that make a difference.See all Kawader courses