- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Amman, Jordan 11171
A project management office “PMO” aims to empower the project management culture within the organization to become more supportive for project managers to accomplish project success and realize its benefits.
That requires the organization to “do the right projects” and project managers to “do the projects right”.
By end of the training, attendees should be able to:
- Assess the needs and benefits for having a PMO
- Define the proper reporting structure for the PMO
- Develop a plan for designing and implementing the PMO
- Execute the PMO project
Project Management Overview
- Projects, programs and portfolios
- Organizational influence in project management
- Behaviors of the in experienced project managers
Strategic Planning Overview
- Main components of the strategic plan
- Why strategic plans fail?
- What makes a good strategic plan?
The PMO initiative
- What is a PMO?
- Reasons for having a PMO
- Role of the PMO in strategic planning
- Role of the PMO in strategy execution
Transforming the Strategic Plan
- Gap assessment
- Responsibilities for strategy transformation
- Organizational vs. project governance
Setting base for PMO success
- Essentials for PMO success
- Which PMO model fits your organization?
- Change management and the PMO
- Roadmap to setup the PMO
PMO & Portfolio Management
- What is a project portfolio?
- Portfolio balancing & alignment
PMO & Organizational Capacity
- Resource Management
- Asset Management
- Delivery Acceleration
Detailed plan for establishing the PMO
- Prioritizing the PMO function
- Assigning key roles
- Chartering the PMO
- Tailoring the project management complexity model
- Setting base for project success
BPR - Policies & Procedures
- Organizational project management framework
- Project management methodology
- Staffing the PMO
Implementing EPM tools
- Why having an EPM tool?
- Selecting and implementing EPM tools
Increasing the Organizational Project Management Maturity
- Organizational Project Management Maturity Models
- OPM3 assessment
- Practical steps to increase organizational maturity
Rapid Growth Institute is a project management solutions provider operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. they aim to utilize modern techniques to enable their customers accelerate their projects, achieve high performance and excellence.
their solutions range from training, coaching, recruiting skilled project management restheirces, consulting and project management office (PMO) setup.
Founded in 2010 by a consultant with 30 years of experience delivering services to customers in telecoms, government, banking, manufacturing, oil & gas, mining, airlines, information technology and business sectors in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Sudan and Libya.See all Rapid Growth Institute courses