This instructor led course is designed to teach network administrators of medium-to-large network sites on the use of advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train network administrators to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. BSCI v3.0 delivers these techniques over the course of eight modules, with each module containing several lessons and numerous hands-on labs.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s): 642-901. BSCI is part of the CCDP/ CCIP and CCNP Certification Paths.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Who will benefit?
- Candidates for Cisco CCNP®, CCDP®, CCIP® and CCIE® Routing and Switching and CCIE Communications and Services certifications
- Network administrators and technicians responsible for implementing and troubleshooting complex routed network environments
- Network administrators responsible for implementing and managing medium-to-large business networks
- Senior network support staff performing a help-desk role in a medium or enterprise-sized company that has internal network support escalation staff
- Network support staff who design, implement, and troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues.
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites: Valid CCNA.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the converged network requirements of various network and networked applications within the Cisco network architectures
- Implement and verify Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) operations
- Build a scalable multiarea network with Open Shortest Path First Protocol (OSPF)
- Configure Integrated Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System Protocol (IS-IS) in a single area
- Implement and verify Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) for enterprise Internet service provider (ISP) connectivity
- Implement and verify multicast forwarding using Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) and related protocols
- Describe how Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) functions to satisfy the increasingly complex requirements of hierarchical addressing
- Manipulate routing and packet flow.
What will it cover?
- Describing Network Requirements
- Introducing EIGRP
- Implementing and Verifying EIGRP
- Configuring Advanced EIGRP Options
- Configuring EIGRP Authentication
- Using EIGRP in an Enterprise Network
- Introducing the OSPF Protocol
- OSPF Packet Types
- Configuring OSPF Routing
- OSPF Network Types
- Link-State Advertisements
- Configuring OSPF Route Summarization
- Configuring OSPF Special Area Types
- Configuring OSPF Authentication
The IS-IS Protocol
- Introducing IS-IS and Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Performing IS-IS Routing Operations
- Configuring Basic Integrated IS-IS Manipulating Routing Updates
- Operating a Network Using Multiple IP Routing Protocols
- Configuring and Verifying Route Redistribution
- Controlling Routing Update Traffic
- Implementing Advanced Cisco IOS Features : Configuring DHCP
- Explaining BGP Concepts and Terminology
- Explaining EBGP and IBGP
- Configuring Basic BGP Operations
- Selecting a BGP Path
- Using Route Maps to Manipulate Basic BGP Paths
- Explaining Multicast
- IGMP and Layer 2 Issues
- Explaining Multicast Routing Protocols
- Multicast Configuration and Verification
- Introducing IPv6
- Defining IPv6 Addressing
- Implementing Dynamic IPv6 Addresses
- Using IPv6 with OSPF and Other Routing Protocols
- Using IPv6 with IPv4
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses