- Price KWD 220
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, now law since 1st October 2006, it is no longer the Fire Service’s duty to make sure the workplace is safe. That duty now lies with the employer, and specifically ‘the responsible person', and they will be held accountable under the new legislation. The BSC level 2 certificate in Fire Risk Assessment provides the formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a fire risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive's (HSE’s) guidance. Accredited by the QCA at level 2 in the National Qualification Framework.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of material properties and compartment fire dynamics in dictating fire growth
- Recognise the factors affecting human behaviour in fires and the importance of trained staff response
- Apply the theory of fire safety risk and the objectives of the fire risk assessment to a fire risk assessment method, designed to satisfy the demands of UK legislation.
This course will not only cover the legal requirements but also best-practice recommendations for fire risk management thereby delivering secondary benefits for the protection of property and business operations as well as legal compliance:
- Reasons for conducting fire risk assessment
- Main legislation relating to fire
- Determining the responsible person
- Fire risk assessment methodology
- Competencies required of fire risk assessors
- Principles of the fire triangle and fire prevention
- Main causes of fire in different workplaces
- Recognising fire hazards in the workplace
- Identifying and considering the location of people at risk
- Evaluating the adequacy of existing arrangements
- Principles of separation
- Detection and warning systems
- Means of escape
- Fire fighting
- Maintenance and testing of equipment
- Fire procedures
- Fire safety training
- Recording the findings of fire risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a fire risk assessment
Delegates will be booked with the British Safety Council for a level 2 national qualification certificate. Candidates must complete a workplace-based risk assessment task and submit this electronically to BSC Awards for external marking. Successful candidates will be issued their level 2 national qualification certificate within ten days. Candidates with dyslexia or any similar learning disability can be accommodated so long as the employer notifies BSS of any such problem at least two weeks prior to course commencement.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses