Course detailsThe course begins with an overview of Borderline Personality Disorder, introducing you to the condition and providing you with a basic understanding, which you will build upon as you work your way through the course.
No person with the condition presents the exact same symptoms as someone else and each person develops BPD for different reasons. In the course, You will discover how symptoms may present themselves and gain awareness of the various types of Borderline Personality Disorder.
With the symptoms of BPD being common with other disorders, individuals are often misdiagnosed with a different mental health disorder and others can be misdiagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. You will learn about how it is diagnosed and the potential causes of the condition. The course also explains how BPD is typically treated, the limitations of treatment within the healthcare system, and which alternative treatments may help to alleviate symptoms.
BPD is, unfortunately, surrounded by myths and common misconceptions. The Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Diploma Course clears things up by analysing these popular myths and discussing the realities of the disorder, along with considering media portrayal of the condition and the damaging effects this has had on how it is perceived.
Whether as a professional, friend or family member, the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Diploma Course explains how you can support someone with BPD and how to look after yourself as you do. The course also provides tips that talk directly to you if you have the condition yourself, offering advice on coping mechanisms that can be used for different emotions, and how to understand yourself, your triggers and how to manage your symptoms.
- Module 1 - Overview of Borderline Personality Disorder
- Module 2 - Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder
- Module 3 - Diagnosing Borderline Personality Disorder
- Module 4 - Treatment for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Module 5 - Myths, Reality and the Media
- Module 6 - Alternative Treatments
- Module 7 - Supporting Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Module 8 - Self-Care for Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs